1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Avondale Grad 1

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by PerF, Oct 5, 2019.

1. PerF

PerF Member

For sale

Avondale Grad 1 preamp with APX power supply unit. (230V)
    VGC.

PM for further details and pictures
    EUR €850

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 4:38 PM
  2. Mr Underhill

Mr Underhill pfm Member

Don't come up very often.

3. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

This is a bargain waiting for someone, especially with the power supply. I wouldn't swap my Grad 1 for this kind of cash - in all honesty...

4. christray

christray pfm Member

Fine pre this, owned one with a tpx2. Highly recommended.

5. PerF

PerF Member

6. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

I would dearly love this ...but is there any way it can be changed to remote control for volume??

7. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

8. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

So there is a possible option or two...
    Not keen on the idea of an "intermediate" device ...with the extra connections and possibly sound degradation
    A motorized alps pot kit could be another thought..sure there is a kit out there for this that I have seen ..

9. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Loads of stuff on the interweb, just Google "adding remote volume control".

The hassle isn't the motorised pot', it is the communication with/control of it. Also, in this case (pardon the terrible pun), the size of the enclosure will be against you for fitting an integral pot' etc..

You could always give Les a ring although it is a bit outside his normal realm.

Personally, I have never understood why anyone would want or use a remote, except for the telly. Each unto their own...

10. silviffer

silviffer pfm Member

I have a Grad 1 TPX2 and think it is far superior to the 32.5 or Teddy Pardo PRE 1 it replaced.
    Most of my listening is Spotify or RP via a BluOS Node streamer and the volume can then be controlled using the BluOS app with either iPhone or iPad.
    Obviously if playing vinyl or cd I have to use the volume control but I don’t find it a great inconvenience.

martin dawson likes this.