advertisement

Avondale Blacklink speaker wire vs Naim NACA5

If about to order, why not get at least 5-6 Mtr - a cheap upgrade compared to 3.5 Mtr A5.
As Bob says, let it run in a couple of weeks before judging

Come on Jon! you know it takes a while for those itty bitty Elecky Trons to learn how to jiggle their way through the Black Link wires lattice. Once they know the way the music has better timing, clarity, transparency etc..........

Cheers,

DV

Have used both blacklink & naca5 for some years now. Happy with both, but finally settled for the naca5. Found with the naca5 ,the central image is much more pronounced and the timing is so much better.

Come on Jon! you know it takes a while for those itty bitty Elecky Trons to learn how to jiggle their way through the Black Link wires lattice. Once they know the way the music has better timing, clarity, transparency etc..........

Cheers,

DV

I think, not joking, it has more to do with the solder joints.

Really...do you really think so Bob!

Yep, maybe not in an all Naim system. I heard a system once which was a Wadia CD player and some very big Kef (reference 5 ? ) speakers, can't remember the amp. The NACA5 made the system sound very hi-fi and very disjointed, the 79 strand made the system work very well and the music flowed. This is not a wind up...!

Hi,

I went from NACA5 to some home made cables, made from 16mm CSA wire (126 X 0.4) on my Shahinians Arcs and they are so much better that I sold my NACA5.
NACA5 does seem to have the Naim house sound.

Pete

Naim used to suggest the 4mm2 CSA cable (56 x 0.03). Did you try that? At £1/m for the 4mm or £4/m for the 16mm it has to be worth a try especially as I need 80m of that stuff (2 x 20m runs - active...) Was the 16mm not awfully stiff to install and/or hide?

Dave

Apologies for not being able to comment re NACA5 vs Blacklink but I have just changed from Exposure cable (bi-wired) to the Avondale cable.

Result is, the Blacklink's staying - it works extremely well. Perhaps very slightly softer than the Expo cable, but more expansive and with no loss of drive and a sweeter top end to boot.

One more thing - it's a piece of the proverbial to hide/route around the place. I'm a happy bunny. :)

scottmac62, in reply to cabletalk they went out of business a long time ago but you'll see their cables and interconnects come up on these forums or *bay. I think the green cable you're referring to is the 2.1 concert. If you're after these send me a PM as I still have some. P.S. sorry for the very late reply - just noticed your message.

advertisement

Back