advertisement

Avid at Richer Sounds?

Anyone ever heard of anyone going to Richer Sounds and having anything but a good experience?

Me neither. Good outfit.

The only complaint I could level is that the sales assistant was too talkative, and wanted to tell me more than I needed to know about his history as a keyboard player with some recording band that I'd never heard of....

Harbeth ?!!!!

I don't need them, never heard them but they are so sexy.

I remember buying some 2nd hand valve gear of a guy that had Harbeth.
He made the very wise quote that the further up the price range things get, the equipment is rarely criticised in reviews.

I took that to mean nobody would challenge expensive gear rather than everything expensive had to be good.

I've bought many bargains from Julian before, just walking off the street and coming out with a box - great!

I never knew they're doing Harbeth too. Lovely speakers.
Never heard Avid's products but they always look great. I wonder how much of this will be on display in the stores

I think it’s a savvy move on both parts. I’ve dealt with 5 dealers over the last ten years and enquired about products with countless others. 2 of which were great. The rest have been rude, pushy, nose in the air or just can’t be arsed with their jobs. I think they are archaic in the way they do business, some of the best service I’ve had has been with richer sounds👍👍👍
If you go into a high end dealer and ask if they've got one of those record players in a suitcase what do you expect?

Now if only all business people were like JR, seemingly you can be successful & wealthy and still treat staff and customers well, the guy should be applauded.

I sincerely hope their premium range grows and wish them continued success.

Agreed - if only all audio dealers were like this. :)

Good for Richer's

As the bricks and mortar shops dwindle it's a good thing the opportunity to demo/hear some nice kit is expanding.

Only been into an RS once in recent years. Was passing Reading and popped in, the staff were great and whisked me into their demo room for a chat and to listen. Despite a £20k system the sound wasn't great but can't knock them, that experience has rarely been replicated in other dealers.

advertisement

Back