advertisement

AVI DM10 - Active System

Ash has always seemed like a good and honest person to me
This has answered my question. Thanks for putting up with the prodding. Why you give him your trust when I would not is an interesting topic but it is probably only appropriate in a general discussion and not for specific individuals.

This has answered my question. Thanks for putting up with the prodding. Why you give him your trust when I would not is an interesting topic but it is probably only appropriate in a general discussion and not for specific individuals.
Glad to have helped. :)

As Tony has said before, there's nothing wrong with the actual products. I've heard the predecessor to this speaker (the ADM9) a number of times and it's a very nicely finished small speaker - it didn't redefine my expectations of such a speaker but if the low box count and system integration aspect appeals to you then it would be up with the front runners. As for the 'guerila marketing' (this whole thread being a prime example) that Ashley James seems to believe in, well that stinks - it puts me in mind of Bill Clinton's claim that he didn't have sexual intercourse with Monica Lewinsky; a grain of truth but only when viewed at a very specific angle (excuse the simile). Mostly the claims are just marketing guff.

JC, you know as well as I do that every thread would be full of bullshit within seconds if I let him back in! He's worse than you FFS! He also owes me for unpaid trade advertising (he kept on spamming for a best part month after his Trade Account had elapsed and then refused to renew) which he'd have to settle first, but no, I don't want him back in.

I think you'll find virtually all the lil' fish have sensible principles regarding pseudoscience, cooked-up specifications, attacking and belittling of other companies, slagging off competing product, and shill advertising.

Perhaps you should allow Ashley a right of reply ?

JC

There really genuinely isn't any need as you and the 'unofficial' marketing arm of AVI are already here JC.

Perhaps the existence of this thread will help raise AVI's profile - I guess that's always the problem when a company direct sells rather than using dealers, it's just not easy to get your name out there. I suppose the Oscar Wilde quote "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about" is true to a point :).

To be fair, I think it became a matter of principle between you two.

About time you got together, imo.

For the record I don't dislike Ash, in a lot of ways he makes me laugh. I think he's as mad as seven baboons on acid, but what can one do? I hope none of what I write comes across as agressive, it should be viewed as the resigned desparation of someone from a technical background doing a facepalm before slamming their own head into the table in disbelief!

I'd happily have a pint with the guy, though I doubt I'd ever get a word in edgewise - he is the only person I've ever had to 'unfriend' on Facebook such was the tidal-wave of guff! ;-)

There really genuinely isn't any need as you and the 'unofficial' marketing arm of AVI are already here JC.

I'm just an AVI user.

I only got to know Ash because I bought the product. He's a nice chap and not dishonest at all.

There are hundreds like me, who've got to know him.

JC

I have only spoken with Ashley once by phone to enquire what cables they recommended for the Lab series amp.

Any good quality one seemed remarkably free of BS.

I just like pictures of huge big old wardrobe style loudspeakers from 60 years ago.

But that's all I like about them. :)

JC

I just like pictures of huge big old wardrobe style loudspeakers from 60 years ago.

But that's all I like about them. :)

23474706344_013e253881_b.jpg

Here's one of mine to cheer you up! You are most welcome to bring an AVI miniature around to fight it should you want (the one that gets more Miles Davis into the room being the winner, obviously).

It's a JC Verdier, so similarly tube-based and with a very nice built-in MM/MC phono stage. A friend has just bought a PV10 to use upstream of his active BBC 5/8s and it is a lovely thing.

advertisement

Back