advertisement

AV2 problem :(

linnaudio

glad my Naim isnt really Linn
Only just noticed but after i had the stand installed and everything put back the Av2 no longer responds to any commands from the remote. Anyone got any suggestions. Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on it before i have to bite the bullet and send it back for a service. Its done quite well as its 5 years old now but its not what ive come to expect from naim really. Wish ide known sooner as i could of told the man who put it all back together. worked fine up untill then. The volume control on the front has gone a bit crazy too. When you turn the knob the volume on the display jumps around all over the place :(

Only just noticed but after i had the stand installed and everything put back the Av2 no longer responds to any commands from the remote. Anyone got any suggestions. Does anyone know how to do a factory reset on it before i have to bite the bullet and send it back for a service. Its done quite well as its 5 years old now but its not what ive come to expect from naim really. Wish ide known sooner as i could of told the man who put it all back together. worked fine up untill then. The volume control on the front has gone a bit crazy too. When you turn the knob the volume on the display jumps around all over the place :(

Don't know if this is the problem but there is a setting to turn on/off remote.

Have you tried going into settings using the front panel buttons?

I cannot remember if there is a reset button, but will look in my manual when I get home from holiday, next Thursday if you have not sorted by then.
I could even scan the manual for you if you wish.

Manual available here.

http://www.naimaudio.com/userfiles/modules/attachment/old_product_manual_av2_manual.pdf

I've never had this problem with mine (although it has been back to Naim twice over the years........).

The remote control def works, new batteries, not loose etc.. etc.

If you spin the volume control fast you can get the display jumping.....

Are you using the remote fro the AV2 or another Naim remote (like for the DVD player) ?

Ive used a logitech 1100 with it for some time now and had no problems, ive just been told how to do a factory reset on it so will try this and post back.

advertisement

Back