advertisement

AV equipment for sale - advice needed

DCA

pfm Member
Hi all
I'm trying to sell off some AV gear to help out the widow of a good friend of mine. He loved his gadgets but unfortunately didn't get much time to enjoy them and his wife is overwhelmed by it all and just wants to sell everything on and let someone else have use. She's asked me to help but I'm a stranger to most AV gear so...

would there be any interest here for this gear (listed below) or would it be better trying an AV forum. Ideally I'd like someone to have the lot (and avoid Epay).

Any advice gratefully received.
Cheers
David

1. URC TSP-2000E DMS-AV Home theatre amp
2. URC MRX-10 Advanced network controller advanced system controller with 2 x Wi-Fi/LAN Emitters and power supplies.
3. URC TRC-1280 universal remote
4. Mordaunt-Short Alumni MS339 active subwoofer
5. Humax Foxsat HDR
6. Samsung TV - LE46 A68 MIF with unused stand
7. Logitech Harmony one universal remote with instruction book
8. Onkyo RC-717M remote.

AVforums will be next port of call thanks. Just thought I'd ask on here first. I'd not heard of URC either. American company and quite well regarded from what I can gather.
Cheers
David

If the original boxes still exist then you might have best success being prepared to ship (UPS or whatever) across Europe. Little-heard-of brands might not sell for much if you keep the shipping geography small.

With a bit of googling you might be able to determine the new vs 2nd hand in the US e.g. if it's $4,000 new for the URC stuff but sells 2nd hand for $1,000 then you know the rough money you should be getting here. (I'm presuming you're in the UK?)

Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying - I had a really odd IP address problem which blocked me from Pink Fish. Thankfully now sorted as I had serious withdrawal symptoms with out my daily fishy fix!

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm listing this lot on AV Forums so hopefully there'll be some interest there.
Cheers
David

advertisement

Back