advertisement

Auralic Vega g2

Dozey

Air guitar member
Anyone with experience of this? Thinking about using it in a headphone system into a Taurus headphone amp while my naim nds is in storage.

I heard an Aurelic Vega with some active ATC Speakers & it sounded excellent.
If/ when my MacMini gives up the ghost I will certainly be looking at the Aurelic as number one on the audition list to replace it.

I had a G2 and can say that it’s an excellent DAC/Pre-Amp. I only sold it when I moved to a Bartok. If you can find one second hand at a good price you can’t really go wrong.

I have one and am very happy with it, have a look at the Vega G1 too, it is more or less the same but lacks the L-Link option, which only applies if you want to add the other boxes - 4 in total and has a fancier chassis. The G2 is now only on special order aimed at folk part way to the full stack, the chassis has been improved and the name changed to G2.1, bit of a price bump too. Internally only the Aries has had the USB changed the other 3 units are the same. I have moved the Vega G2 into my office temporarily as I am rearranging stuff in the lounge and using the headphone out to some Senn 580 it is sounding excellent. There are a few others on here with them.

advertisement

Back