advertisement

Auralic Aries Mini

Can somebody enlighten me, please: how do I make it stream 24 bit via wifi?

The wifi router is located less than 2 meters away from the Aries Mini, yet the iPad says I am playing back in 16 bit, even when the track I am streaming is 24 bit 192khz. I use DNLA.

Am I missing some setting somewhere?

I purchased one of these excellent devices from the UK distributor (Audio Emotion) recently. I was given the impression that I would be able to use the Mini to play the BBC Radio (320 kbs) HLS streams, provided that I used a correct URL. Having searched the Internet, I have found BBC HLS URLs for BBC Radios 2,3,4 and 4Extra. But none of them work at all with the Mini. Audio Emotion did provide a URL for Radio 3, which plays perfectly. But no information was provided for these other stations. The VTuner Radio app. supplied with the Mini only plays low resolution (128 kbs) streams.
So my question is has anyone had success with the above ?
My Sonos system plays all the above stations in the HLS format without a problem. Any help or advice on this would be gratefully received. Kind regards, Edward.

Is it possible to have both optical out (going to my headphone amp/dac) and analog out (to my main amp stereo setup) connected at the same time? Is one output prioritized over the other so that I have to unplug one or can I just choose it in-app?

I would like to get my headphone setup away from the PC so figured I could do this while also connecting to the big stereo (and thus replacing a Bluesound Node streamer).

I believe that this is possible from responses on another forum just not the analogue output and a digital output.

I believe that this is possible from responses on another forum just not the analogue output and a digital output.

By digital output are you thinking coax? I did plan to use the optical (digital) out also (along with analog) so now I'm a little confused if it's possible or not? :)

I have brand new Aries Mini and just purchased Arcam D33 DAC. While it plays on coax output, it it not playint on USB. When I select the output in Lightning app as Arcam USB audio1.0 usb, when I try to play anything I have an alert: Unable to open output device: ARCAM USB Audio 1.0

I tired it both with DSD over PCM on and off and to no result.

Do you have any ideas why it can be like that?

Any solutions? (besides change the DAC if you want USB connection?)

I have brand new Aries Mini and just purchased Arcam D33 DAC. While it plays on coax output, it it not playint on USB. When I select the output in Lightning app as Arcam USB audio1.0 usb, when I try to play anything I have an alert: Unable to open output device: ARCAM USB Audio 1.0

I tired it both with DSD over PCM on and off and to no result.

Do you have any ideas why it can be like that?

Any solutions? (besides change the DAC if you want USB connection?)

The Aries Mini does not work with USB1.

Continue to use S/PDIF coaxial or change your converter.

Peter

Am researching a simple streaming solution to supplement my LP and CD sources which I will still mainly use. I'd like to add a streamer for Tidal to explore new music and the Auralic Aries Mini seems a good option.

I'd like to know if I can Stream my iTunes ALAC playlists somehow to the Mini? Will Apple Airplay work directly from a Mac laptop to the Mini or do I have to use the Auralic App on an iOS device? If I have to use the latter how is this achieved please? Do I have to introduce an external hard disc or into the set-up or can this be avoided?

Thanks.

I purchased one of these excellent devices from the UK distributor (Audio Emotion) recently. I was given the impression that I would be able to use the Mini to play the BBC Radio (320 kbs) HLS streams, provided that I used a correct URL. Having searched the Internet, I have found BBC HLS URLs for BBC Radios 2,3,4 and 4Extra. But none of them work at all with the Mini. Audio Emotion did provide a URL for Radio 3, which plays perfectly. But no information was provided for these other stations. The VTuner Radio app. supplied with the Mini only plays low resolution (128 kbs) streams.
So my question is has anyone had success with the above ?
My Sonos system plays all the above stations in the HLS format without a problem. Any help or advice on this would be gratefully received. Kind regards, Edward.

does it play the RP high res?

radio paradise exclusive

Direct server links:

320k AAC (US): http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

320k AAC (Europe): http://stream-uk1.radioparadise.com/aac-320

does this work?

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_6music.m3u8

Am researching a simple streaming solution to supplement my LP and CD sources which I will still mainly use. I'd like to add a streamer for Tidal to explore new music and the Auralic Aries Mini seems a good option.

I'd like to know if I can Stream my iTunes ALAC playlists somehow to the Mini? Will Apple Airplay work directly from a Mac laptop to the Mini or do I have to use the Auralic App on an iOS device? If I have to use the latter how is this achieved please? Do I have to introduce an external hard disc or into the set-up or can this be avoided?

Thanks.

Yes you can stream from iTunes on a Mac directly to the Aries Mini via Airplay.

Does it mean we will be able to control a Mini from a Mac laptop? That is what I'm wanting; Lightning DS on Macbook Pro, without having to pay for Roon.

advertisement

Back