advertisement

Audirvana Free Trial

Salamander

pfm Member
I know a few folk on here are using Audirvana and thought I would give it a go since I'm now using a mini pc, solely for music which at present is stored on an external hd. Yesterday I downloaded the app and installed it, now it is telling me my trial has expired, when I've never had a trial previously, in fact I'd never been on their site until 2 weeks ago. I've asked the question on the Community page and also sent an email to 'support@audirvana' and yet I've not received a reply and also only one on the Community asking if I'd ever had an account before. Anyone with any ideas on how to proceed or contact Audirvana I would be grateful.

Audirvana are gearing up for a major product launch Sunday PM. I don't know if that is affecting the automatic licence identification system and producing the message you have received, but it may account for Damien's failure to respond to your query, he is usually pretty good at replying either directly or via his forum.

Audirvana is pretty much a one man band I think, so you just have to take that into account. And as soverton has said they have something imminent for the weekend.

Thank you both for that info, strangely enough someone has replied to my email telling me exactly the same thing. I shall give it a few more days, and if no reply email again, I did not realise it was almost a 'one man band' so this also has to be taken under consideration.

Thank you both for that info, strangely enough someone has replied to my email telling me exactly the same thing. I shall give it a few more days, and if no reply email again, I did not realise it was almost a 'one man band' so this also has to be taken under consideration.
It’s still a decent product, so it’s worth being a bit patient, especially as it might get better with the new release. Plenty other options to amuse yourself with free trials of meantime: JRiver and Roon for example, or Qobuz or Tidal, and there’s rumours of Apple launching some hi res or at least cd quality option soon.

Tidal hi-fi is free for three months as a trial:

https://offer.tidal.com/campaigns/5...ts?campaignId=5e56df3b41af070018b98b92&geo=AU

Might try it again.
There seems to be something brewing the hi def/cd quality streaming world. Spotify are getting in the game, Apple are rumoured to be doing the same, possibly with Dolby Atmos too, Tidal seems to be responding by offering a cheaper cd quality level without the MQA voodoo. Interesting times. You can’t really complain about 3 months of free music. I wonder who will offer headphones that adapt to your ears? Or a binaural streaming options for the kazillions who listen on in ears.

I'm not streaming at present, but could have been tempted by the free trial of Tidal, my brother uses this, but it was Audirvana or Volumio that interested me, not being computer savvy I chose Audirvana since Volumio is a little more complicated and I could do with some help setting it all up.

I'm not streaming at present, but could have been tempted by the free trial of Tidal, my brother uses this, but it was Audirvana or Volumio that interested me, not being computer savvy I chose Audirvana since Volumio is a little more complicated and I could do with some help setting it all up.
Well, you could take the Tidal free trial offer and not bother to use it for a bit. Get the Audirvana trial and get into that. Then add Tidal to Audirvana and see how you like the combination - it would be like extending your cd collection by thousands of CDs. There’s no need to treat Tidal as a separate thing, Audirvana interfaces to it, so all you would see is the Audirvana app. Just take it step by step.

Audirvana have just announced their new product, Audirvana Studio, it will be a subscription service either monthly or annually.

I find that Audirvāna sounds really good and once you get used to it is a great way to integrate streaming services and locally stored music. There is a nice remote app as well. A new fancy “Studio” version was announced today which is now a subscription service, bit like Roon but not as pricey. I hope this latest version integrates internet radio as well...

Audirvana have just announced their new product, Audirvana Studio, it will be a subscription service either monthly or annually.
I've just watched the first 10 minutes of the Facebook stream and it appears Studio is replacing AV 3.5 so I should probably upgrade to 3.5 now before it gets pulled (I'm currently still using AV 2.6.11). I have no interest in a subscription service especially not at that price.

EDIT - If I purchase AV 3.5 through the discounted "Upgrade my license" route, does this mean I can no longer use AV 2.6.11 on any of my machines? If so then it's probably better value in my situation to buy AV 3.5 at its full price.

I like Audirvana a lot. SQ is great. I stream Qobuz through it. Always had a quick response when I’ve had issues with the license, but it’s a small operation so it might be slow with the launch coming up.

The subscription model means Audirvana 3.5 will be the end of the line for me, hopefully 3.5 will remain compatible with Mac OS releases for a good while.

Haven't seen the announcement but this sounds like really bad news. Presumably Audirvana subscription with Qobuz costs more than Audirvana 3.5 with Qobuz.
Audirvana 3.5 with Qobuz and the remote app was just perfect.
I think I will end up with Spotify (and/or maybe Apple Music) for streaming and HQ Player for local files.

Yep, Audirvana 3.5 with Qobuz and the remote app on my iPad is bliss, hopefully it will continue to work down the road.

I just watched a bit of the video, it seems many users were demanding a more Roon like user experience, $6.99 / mo seems fair if it works well.

But with subscriptions, it seems that however many services and apps you subscribe to, there is always something that isn't covered due to competitors wanting to keep users inside their own apps.

Audirvana studio will likely never integrate Spotify, Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music. If they manage a decent BBC sounds integration (like Squeezerver) I will get a trial, otherwise I'll stick to 3.5. and keep using multiple apps. Unlike most users, I don't particularly want to integrate local and streamed files, I prefer to keep them separate.

Just glad that 3.5 already has M1 silicon integration, a more money grabbing company would have held back the feature exclusively for the new "Studio" version.

advertisement

Back