advertisement

Audirvana “Too many installs to activate”.

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
I am happy with Audirvana but not so much when I can’t use it. I bought a new computer and get the titled message, this despite deleting it from the old machine (and all others for what I hoped was for good measure). Still the same issue so I joined Audirvana forum and asked for a reset. This was a week ago and so far no response.

I’m not really starting this thread to moan, I can do that on the Audirvana forum but has anyone had this issue and resolved it without Damien’s help? I still have the old computer. Is there some Audirvana deactivation trick so I can use it on my new computer instead?

PS I just reread this and it doesn’t seem like English but hopefully you get the idea.

It's similar to old Adobe software, you had to de-activate on one Mac if you're reached your limit.

Do you still have access to the old Mac?

The 'De-authorise' option is under the main Audirvana menu.

I assume that's just the same thing.

In olden times, pre Creative Con, Adobe's software used to generate a unique user ID on installation/authorisation. This was specific to your machine and your license/serial no, and contained, IIRC, your computer id and name and was integrated with your Adobe ID.

No internet connection, no Photoshop. You could re-install on the same Mac, you could even swap a hard drive and restore from a back-up and all was well.

I assume Audirvana is doing something similar, you'll probably be able to re-install on the original Mac, de-activate that copy, then get going on your new toy.

If all else failed, I used to have a couple of mates who worked for Adobe in Edinburgh, sadly I doubt they'd be much use with Audirvana.

Back up? I'll investigate the old computer. This one I installed from Time Machine thinking it would all be hunky dory. It isn't.

Yes, however I contacted Damien (directly via email) and he was fine with me using Audirvana on my new machine. The MacBook Air I used prior broke and I couldn't find the licence etc... Shoot him an email, he's always very helpful IME.

Back up? I'll investigate the old computer. This one I installed from Time Machine thinking it would all be hunky dory. It isn't.

Do you mean you installed on the new Mac from a previous TM backup of the original?

That wouldn't work, different machine id. The authorisation relies on info on both your Mac and a server somewhere being 'in sync.' If you break that, the existing 'relationship' is broken, as the new Mac has a different id.

Okay, thanks chaps. Reinstalled on old computer, reauthorised it, deauthorised it, reinstalled on new computer, authorised it - bingo - Bit of a faff innit. And I haven't dared go near the Mini yet.

Great. All done. No doubt Damien will now respond to my initial message and deauthorise everything :)

I've fallen foul of the same problem but it's a nice bit of software and I can see why Damien needs to do this, he sorted it pronto when my good lady spilt tea on our old MacBook and we had to get a new one.

All the required information is in Support pages on Audionirvana website. Checked out the website, looks like a well supported professionally produced product. Not what I'm looking for myself but certainly worth considering if you want to use a PC or Mac in your audio setup.

advertisement

Back