advertisement

Audiophiles and Snake Oil...

I remember that at the time (30 years ago) some Japanese engineer was able to count fewer errors.

Now has anybody got a Cambridge CD1 at hand? :D

Do you remember PB’s electret cream? His painting his fuses violet? He had it all figured out until he went mad.

The audio nihilist says nothing makes any difference.

Power cables make no difference
Interconnects and speaker cables make no difference
Streamers make no difference
Equipment or speaker supports make no difference.
Everyone with a different view is mug, has too much money, or is deluded, an audiophool.

They are happy in their world but it’s not one I live in.

Everyone with a different view is mug, has too much money, or is deluded, an audiophool.

There's also many different colours to the above

I’ve been experimenting for almost 40 years. All the above is true but equipment support is indeed essential for turntables and perhaps for speakers but I have a very thick and solid floor.
Just a no-nonsense approach. If I can’t hear any difference then to me there isn’t any and that’s alright.

Do i take that as a no then?
Hi,
How about you answer my questions before diverting the discussion to something that is subjective, which you complained about in your post #98 - that another persons points are subjective and hence null and void as an argument.

If their subjective opinion is null and void, then so is your subjective question in post #105.

Regards,
Shadders.

There was also a green mat that really fouled things up and the Densen Demagic - anything sounded good after the racket that thing made.

Hi,
Yes, very tired of them being marketed.
Seems to me as though you think people shouldn't be allowed to market these things?
I’ve been experimenting for almost 40 years. All the above is true but equipment support is indeed essential for turntables and perhaps for speakers but I have a very thick and solid floor.
Just a no-nonsense approach. If I can’t hear any difference then to me there isn’t any and that’s alright.
By the same token, if somebody else can hear a difference then to them there is one and that's also alright?

Hi,
How about you answer my questions before diverting the discussion to something that is subjective, which you complained about in your post #98 - that another persons points are subjective and hence null and void as an argument.

If their subjective opinion is null and void, then so is your subjective question in post #105.

Regards,
Shadders.

Same cyclic BS, just fess-up have you or not?

Each to their own, personally I'd never propose spending money on an item of questionable merit.

Seems to me as though you think people shouldn't be allowed to market these things?

By the same token, if somebody else can hear a difference then to them there is one and that's also alright?

Of course it is, but how do they know it’s real when only their mind—or a clever salesperson—tells them it is? Mmm. A very religious affair, this.
Sometimes I think I hear things but after a while I realise I was making it up. Or I think I was making it up. Who knows?

advertisement

Back