advertisement

Audiophiles and Snake Oil...

Well according to their web site
"In fact, UEF Tech is so powerful even an electrical chain several miles long is fundimentally improved with nothing more than a single fuse engineered with our patented UEF Technology."
So if one fuse was inserted in at the power station millions could share the miracle. And presumably it would also correct misspellings of fundamentally.

I subscribe to his channel. I like his careful, considered approach.

Reactions: PBB
I quite like this guy - watched a few of his vids and he doesn't irritate me. There aren't many HiFi channels that can claim that! ;)

Pretty much every bloke on YouTube could do with ‘getting to the bloody point’ a lot faster!

Agree. It's like when you read a book and realise the whole thing could have been summed up in three paragraphs. Life's too short. Get to the point or I'm out.

Talking of which, can anyone explain how these could possible work?

I have no idea, I am skeptical that it does but it reminds me of something I did years ago. I needed a multi-way extension to plug all of my stuff in. The one I had was a very cheap four-gang. Just to see what would happen, I removed the fuse from the plug of the extension and soldered in a brass bar. Actually a cut-down earth pin out of another plug.

It sounded better! I don't use it for long, as it was a ridiculously unsafe thing to do, but it was interesting. I've done lots of similar things and it's quite consistent. If you improve any connection, whether it is signal or mains, you can hear it. Usually.

Pretty much every bloke on YouTube could do with ‘getting to the bloody point’ a lot faster!

I agree, but then again, I guess these channels wouldn't exist as they need regular slots to get the adverts fitted in.

I have no idea, I am skeptical that it does but it reminds me of something I did years ago. I needed a multi-way extension to plug all of my stuff in. The one I had was a very cheap four-gang. Just to see what would happen, I removed the fuse from the plug of the extension and soldered in a brass bar. Actually a cut-down earth pin out of another plug.

It sounded better! I don't use it for long, as it was a ridiculously unsafe thing to do, but it was interesting. I've done lots of similar things and it's quite consistent. If you improve any connection, whether it is signal or mains, you can hear it. Usually.

Interesting proposition re removing the fuses. Was using a Pro-Ject UK 4 way extension till recently, now using this (DIY built DC EMI mains conditioner) it only has 1 fuse at the wall plug end, which is blingy MS-HD pure copper plug and comes with its own fancy silver plated fuse. Its all made a considerable improvement!

I've used these https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/products/powercon/powercon-true1-top 20A plugs and sockets for in/out-puts

How does that work? How do you get paid?

Its got much tighter recently. There are a number of parameters you have to meet to get paid, but essentially it is based on the number of subscribers, number of views and number of likes. YouTube are now deleting or terminating channels that don't meet certain criteria...

advertisement

Back