advertisement

audionet sam g2 v audionet sam 20 se

i have now been listening to the sam 20 se for 2 weeks now and have to say, this amp really is on another level to the g2. the g2 is a great amp but the 20 se...well, it's kinda like a supercharged turbo version of it!

i have no idea why new capacitors or gold/silver wiring or whatever other trickle down tech from their top 'watt' amp has done to the performance of the 20 se but it most certainly has...as a synonym 'in spades' comes to mind.

iv'e not really been one for the 'the first 30 seconds' is all it took, but on this occasion it's exactly what happened. the sound was so fresh and alive, so musical with a gorgeous tonality with a perfect skimming of warmth. dynamics, details,transients...any adjective you wish to challenge it with, it responds with aplomb.

the sound of percussion instruments being struck or the strumming of strings are rich and so well bodied and full. female vocals are one of my favourites for listening to...just sublime. my speakers have a ribbon tweeter and it feels like i have more vertical sound emanating from them as well as the over all sound stage, much more enveloping. this amp is crazy good! listening to nana mouskouri's 'amazing grace' wow! hairs standing up on arms moment. ok enuff gushing! forget measurements and graphs...it's a world class amp that'll give you an electrical orgasm. pure joy...if your budget allows i highly highly recommend this beauty!

Always good to read of someone who is so obviously chuffed with their purchase and good to hear about uncommon quality brands
Mac

i have now been listening to the sam 20 se for 2 weeks now and have to say, this amp really is on another level to the g2. the g2 is a great amp but the 20 se...well, it's kinda like a supercharged turbo version of it!

i have no idea why new capacitors or gold/silver wiring or whatever other trickle down tech from their top 'watt' amp has done to the performance of the 20 se but it most certainly has...as a synonym 'in spades' comes to mind.

iv'e not really been one for the 'the first 30 seconds' is all it took, but on this occasion it's exactly what happened. the sound was so fresh and alive, so musical with a gorgeous tonality with a perfect skimming of warmth. dynamics, details,transients...any adjective you wish to challenge it with, it responds with aplomb.

the sound of percussion instruments being struck or the strumming of strings are rich and so well bodied and full. female vocals are one of my favourites for listening to...just sublime. my speakers have a ribbon tweeter and it feels like i have more vertical sound emanating from them as well as the over all sound stage, much more enveloping. this amp is crazy good! listening to nana mouskouri's 'amazing grace' wow! hairs standing up on arms moment. ok enuff gushing! forget measurements and graphs...it's a world class amp that'll give you an electrical orgasm. pure joy...if your budget allows i highly highly recommend this beauty!
Do you still like the SE?

Do you still like the SE?
Absolutely, been here since it's purchase. Love it's minimalist look and capabilities. Also having a turntable now it's phono stage does a stirling job to boot,no need to look elsewhere. I do hang on to kit for a good few years tho!

advertisement

Back