advertisement

Audiomods

wylton

Naim and Mana member
What's happened to Audiomods? The site seems to be unavailable. I've had an Audiomods Classic arm for many years and have always been very pleased with it. Jeff Spall has always provided first class service and it would be a great shame if he has packed it in.

Could just be a web provider issue? I would have thought if Jeff was retiring or closing down we'd have heard. Always had great service too, so a great shame if he has closed.

Domain expired, maybe oversight, non payment of admin or deliberate lapse

Domain name:
audiomods.co.uk

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data
source on 10-Dec-2012

Registrar:
Plusnet Plc t/a Madasafish Broadband [Tag = MADASAFISH]
URL: http://www.madasafish.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 11-Dec-2006
Expiry date: 11-Dec-2021
Last updated: 13-Jan-2021

Registration status:
Renewal required.
*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Name servers:
ns1.force9.net
ns2.force9.net​

I was looking at the site a few weeks back and noticed it hadn't been updated in a while. I saw that the Classic arm had a note along the lines of - not available until autumn. I think it was autumn 2020 rather than 2021, but then pandemic will have intervened like it has everywhere else - so even if it was 2020 it may not mean too much.

If I’d seen this thread earlier I could have put people minds at rest. I received my Series 6 from Jeff just before Xmas and had been in contact with him on and off for the prior 10 weeks or so it took to build and send to me.

It’s a stunningly good arm.

If I’d seen this thread earlier I could have put people minds at rest. I received my Series 6 from Jeff just before Xmas and had been in contact with him on and off for the prior 10 weeks or so it took to build and send to me.

It’s a stunningly good arm.
Hi @Highlander if you don't mind could i ask what TT and Cart are you using? Since looking at the site to see if there was a technical issue I've been thinking about buying the Series 6, fancy an arm brand I've not tried before.

How's it handle day to day and how easy is swapping carts over and aligning them, little things like the feel of the arm raise/lower etc matter to my ocd :)

What's happened to Audiomods? The site seems to be unavailable. I've had an Audiomods Classic arm for many years and have always been very pleased with it. Jeff Spall has always provided first class service and it would be a great shame if he has packed it in.

Jeff replied to my email this morning about fitting his arm to a Technics. He’s had a lot of orders from the States so lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. I have ordered one due mid June. I have no doubts about the arm only about whether I get a £4K Stacked LP12 or a Technics 1210GR to attach it to.

Hi @Highlander if you don't mind could i ask what TT and Cart are you using? Since looking at the site to see if there was a technical issue I've been thinking about buying the Series 6, fancy an arm brand I've not tried before.

How's it handle day to day and how easy is swapping carts over and aligning them, little things like the feel of the arm raise/lower etc matter to my ocd :)
Hi, I’m using a modified LP12 which is enntially a Vinyl Passion VP12 with original Linn inner and outer platter.

Cartridge is currently an Goldring Ethos. Arm is a joy to use. I haven’t changed the cart but the arm is highly configurable and “feels” solid and sounds great (in that it doesn’t really “sound” as such). I replaced a beloved Syrinx PU3 which I thought I’d never change…..hope that helps a little.

Jeff replied to my email this morning about fitting his arm to a Technics. He’s had a lot of orders from the States so lead time is 6 to 8 weeks. I have ordered one due mid June. I have no doubts about the arm only about whether I get a £4K Stacked LP12 or a Technics 1210GR to attach it to.

I had one on my 1210mk2 and it was great. Mine was converted from the 5 I had when Jeff first started doing them.

Hi, I’m using a modified LP12 which is enntially a Vinyl Passion VP12 with original Linn inner and outer platter.

Cartridge is currently an Goldring Ethos. Arm is a joy to use. I haven’t changed the cart but the arm is highly configurable and “feels” solid and sounds great (in that it doesn’t really “sound” as such). I replaced a beloved Syrinx PU3 which I thought I’d never change…..hope that helps a little.
Thanks very much, I’m hoping to get my PT (bought 40 years ago) up and running again and thinking of which arm to go for, I sold a lot of gear a few years ago due to ill health and a poor outlook (fortunately I pulled through), including the Helius arm I used on the PT. I know Truepoint can supply a suitable arm board for the PT and 6 in carbon fibre which ties in with the 6 arm tube. Do you know if any dealers sell Audiomods arms, I’m NE Scotland.

ATB
Gus

Thanks very much, I’m hoping to get my PT (bought 40 years ago) up and running again and thinking of which arm to go for, I sold a lot of gear a few years ago due to ill health and a poor outlook (fortunately I pulled through), including the Helius arm I used on the PT. I know Truepoint can supply a suitable arm board for the PT and 6 in carbon fibre which ties in with the 6 arm tube. Do you know if any dealers sell Audiomods arms, I’m NE Scotland.

ATB
Gus
Audiomods don’t have dealers. You have to buy direct from Jeff Spall who makes them via the website.

Jeff always has time to talk you through any queries you nave , which I found rather refreshing when I was arm shopping.
Once he makes a full black unit then I might give one a whirl!

advertisement

Back