advertisement

Audiolab switching quality of components again!

Fakes perhaps?

I wondered this, especially as some are Nichicon. Either that or poor circuit design but you wouldn't expect that with a £40k price tag item. I wonder how old they are or the environment they were used in?

Then again could have been a faulty batch, it does happen to the best of them at some point.

was it only the Mdac that suffered from capacitor problems or also eg the 8200cdq?

re heatsinks - when I got my IAG 8000m's long time ago, when i got home I heard a rattling from inside; took the cover off and saw a heat sink was off lol.

The datasheets for premium quality electrolytic capacitors make worrying reading. Basically the smaller diameter parts don't last long. Most smt parts are very poor

Hi, With respect to the above pictures and the questions raised.

It's actually the other way around Su'scon was used on some pre-production units, but all mass production units are fitted with ELNA (15000uF 50V).
The black unit in above photograph is a production unit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The views expressed here are my own and do not represent the views of my employer, IAG UK

Be nice to hear back from Eric.

Always good to have an industry insider on forums.

Be nice to hear back from Eric.

Though it looks unlikely.

Shame really because IAG's customer service regularly gets negative feedback on here, a little goodwill could balance that up.

Has anyone actually had a reply from an e#mail to Audiolab ?

yes some times some time not. Audiolab no , IAG yes. I found when I got the spare cd mechanism for the 8200cdq the guy from IAG was fine

advertisement

Back