advertisement

Audiolab 8200CDQ CD/pre with power Amplifier

Colin123

pfm Member
I'm looking into creating a simple system of an Audiolab 8200CDQ (which I own) doing directly into a power amplifier (yet to buy) feeding some Jim Rogers JR149's (just aquired).

I'm intrigued as to whether anyone has done this with the Audiolab, particularly with Quad amps.

I have the 8200cdq into 8000Ms into Epos M12i. Fine. The only thing about the 8200cdq. I have the top removed and a small pc fan blowing over the heat sinks front right as they are less than 1mm away from the bank of caps there that other wise get rather hot ( bad design I think)

If you have access to an integrated amp where the pre amp is effectively a volume control, then you can just turn vol to full and use it as a power amp temporarily. See how you think the cdq performs as a pre then.

I used to have a 8200CDQ into a Bel Canto Evo2 power amp. As you say, very simple. Sounded decent.

If you have access to an integrated amp where the pre amp is effectively a volume control, then you can just turn vol to full and use it as a power amp temporarily. See how you think the cdq performs as a pre then.[/QUOT

Thanks, yes, I've done that with my Puresound 2a3 and it works well, I am interested in peoples experiences with other power amplifiers.
Interesting cross section so far.
Thanks.

Had an 8200CDQ that had been upgraded by he whose name must not be spoken that I bought SH from somebody on here. I connected it to an Exposure XVIIISuper, it sounded good though CD's always had that slight glassy quality. But when I sold it I started trying Exposure preamps from the Farlowe era and a seperate disc player and Squeezebox. All these (a VII/VI; XIX and the XXI I'm presently using sounded way better on all sources. More clout, a little warmer and more realism.

advertisement

Back