advertisement

Audio Technica Precept cartridge

chris@panteg

pfm Member
Just looking for any thoughts or experience with AT's Precept catridges ?

You see i've just bought the PC110E with a new 220EX stylus from the states , its a total left field purchase for me and well i just wanted to try it .

It seems a bit of a rare one ! Looking around other forums , nobody know's much about them ?

Looking forward to trying it , good or bad .

it's just another name for an audio technica cart like a brand thing....i seem to rember them making a turntable under that name.

the one chris has is a rather uneven sounding cart far inferior to the 440 micro line cart.

Well i don't have it yet , maybe early next week , if its an improvement on the AT95HE ? Then i could upgrade the stylus from the 220 to the 550ML ! There are a few of these left .

Could be interesting , there is very little info about these and it could go tits up , still WTF .

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looks to have shades of Signet about it.

Signet was ATs premium brand for many years. Look up the TK range - TK3,5,7 & 9.

Looks to have shades of Signet about it.

Signet was ATs premium brand for many years. Look up the TK range - TK3,5,7 & 9.

Thanks for the input Robert :)

It does seem very nicely made and i will let you know how it sounds in the 309 fitted to that 'err' DJ deck i have kicking around the place .

Just a quick update ! I now have this "Precept" cartridge fitted , just running it in with the 220EX stylus , tracking range is between .75 to 1.5 and the optimum is said to be 1 gm ?

Output is 2.7mv , so a little lowish, so i set my Diablo to 52db gain , which seems about right .

How does it sound ? Bit fluffy at 1st and lacking some sparkle , removed the stupid stylus guard as this was resonating in sympathy ! Sounds a bit better but I'm going to run it all weekend and see how it or if it improves , as it sounds pretty ordinary so far !

advertisement

Back