advertisement

Audio T and Sevenoaks

Tough times, my local (Colchester) Rayleigh Hi Fi has just been closed.
Look on their website for a few Jubilee offers if anyone's in the market
they have a few Naim items.

yes, I have some friends at Audio T. These are tough times indeed.

I really hope that the audio community keep the stores going by buying locally rather than abroad when they can.

These are incredibly tough times in the bricks-and-mortar retail sector. I feel for all my former colleagues whose livelihoods are under threat.

I can't see how they can easily unpick the merger, it's happened. In Oxford, the Sevenoaks site closed, moved to Audio T which was renamed Sevenoaks!

Staff have been streamlined into one. What wonderful euphemisms there are, for firing people.

Sounds like a shambles to me. The Oxford Audio T was always very helpful to me. As for the company, I am not sure they deserve to survive, organise, brewery and p... up, come to mind.

Did anyone evere use the Reading Audio T, the manager there was magnificently rude, a real challenge to Branco at Audiofreaks.

No idea who the manager is at Audio T Reading, but Keith and Simon are reasonably friendly and helpful. And Frank Abela has been VERY friendly and helpful.

I can't see how they can easily unpick the merger, it's happened. In Oxford, the Sevenoaks site closed, moved to Audio T which was renamed Sevenoaks!

Staff have been streamlined into one. What wonderful euphemisms there are, for firing people.

Sounds like a shambles to me. The Oxford Audio T was always very helpful to me. As for the company, I am not sure they deserve to survive, organise, brewery and p... up, come to mind.

Rest easy david .......... I called in the shop 2 weeks ago (it still has the Sevenoaks name on the front) & asked what was going on with the on/off rumours of the merger. They said the merger was off & it was going back to the way it was as Audio-T as of June.

Looks like Sevenoaks in Oxford has gone - no shop & no advertising entry for Oxford.
The old Sevenoaks shop on St Clements has changed name to something else altogether, looks like a AV shop (can't remember name)

Rest easy david .......... I called in the shop 2 weeks ago (it still has the Sevenoaks name on the front) & asked what was going on with the on/off rumours of the merger. They said the merger was off & it was going back to the way it was as Audio-T as of June.

Looks like Sevenoaks in Oxford has gone - no shop & no advertising entry for Oxford.
The old Sevenoaks shop on St Clements has changed name to something else altogether, looks like a AV shop (can't remember name)

There never was any merger. Audio T was operating as Sevenoaks under licence. Their intention was to merge when the financial conditions were favourable to both parties. Sevenoaks, Oxford was a franchised store (Audio T was never going to be that) and has changed to Aspires Audio Visual with the same owner. All Audio T's signage will be changed back from Sevenoaks in time.

advertisement

Back