Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Audio Note AZ2 Floor Standing Speakers

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Peter McDermott, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

2. Peter McDermott

Price reduction: £525

3. Peter McDermott

Bump, price reduced last night

4. Peter McDermott

Sensible offers considered. Even sensible(ish) offers considered.

PM me.

Best wishes, Peter

5. Peter McDermott

£525 price includes delivery by me, up to 75 miles from my address.

6. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

a review from the wam

Just thought I'd write a little review of AZ-2s, after my first encounter with them today, which has proved to be a surprising and extremely enjoyable one (so much so that it's 2 in the morning and I'm sat here still listening to them and feeling compelled to share my thoughts!!).

I was very kindly given them to take home and demo/use while the HF drivers from my Adagios are being serviced in the states, after some concern about one of the diaphragms.

Looking at the speakers in the demo room I was, to be perfectly honest, very sceptical about the results I was going to get from them. They're not visually impressive speakers at all (to my eyes anyway!), with cabinets made from chipboard and the driver compliment looks very dated indeed. However, when I got them home and wired up very briefly before work today, the sound that they produced brought an instant smile to my face, and that was before I'd had a chance to even think about fiddling around with placement etc.

This evening has been spent listening to a few albums that I know very well, getting the speakers into what appears to be their optimum position in my room and sitting back doing a lot of toe tapping with a very big smile on my face!

The sound they produce really is very engaging and has a "fun factor" which I now realise has been missing in the speakers which I have owned over the last 15 years or so (Proac EBS Towers, ATC SCM20SLs, LS3/5As and more recently the Adagios). The bottom end is surprisingly even, well defined and tuneful, the top end natural and well extended, without any harshness or sibilance and a mid range that sings. Overall, and this was one of my primary concerns, it's more than adequately resolved, but without picking apart recordings that aren't quite so well produced (an issue that I've battled with in the past).

My only real issue is that I can see myself getting very attached to them... Bass wise they work much better in my room than the Adagios (who's transmission line excites a room node in it's pass-band, giving them a +3db or more hump at around 40hz, which is quite distracting at times), and though the levels of resolution are much lower, soundstaging limited in comparison and many other points that you could pick fault with if you stood the two side by side, I think I actually enjoy listening to the way the AZ-2s present music more... No concrete decision on selling the Adagios just yet, as I have a much bigger room to try them in and they are truly stunning speakers, but I'm already thinking on those terms..

Out of interest, has anyone out there tried the slightly larger AZ-3s? I'd be interested to hear them after the 2s, with their more extended bandwidth and higher quality tweeter.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/38821-audio-note-az-2/

Peter McDermott likes this.
  7. Peter McDermott

Thanks hifinutt, that's really appreciated: I need the help. Best wishes, Peter

hifinutt likes this.
  8. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

These are the az2 with hemp drivers

9. Peter McDermott

Bump price reduction: £500

10. Spiderous

Spiderous pfm Member

I can’t believe these are still here. I’ve heard these at Peter’s house and they look and sound lovely. I’ve bought an amp from Peter and it was obvious he really looks after his kit. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

11. Peter McDermott

Thanks Spiderous, much appreciated. Peter

12. Peter McDermott

13. Peter McDermott

Offers considered

14. Peter McDermott

Bump, offers considered.

15. Peter McDermott

Price reduction: £450

16. bourney

bourney pfm Member

Bloody hell the bass drivers are worth more than that!

17. Peter McDermott

Thanks Bourney.

18. Peter McDermott

19. Peter McDermott

Bump offers accepted

20. marktr

marktr Registered User

Bonkers these have not sold!