Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Kit In Peloton Ad?

Discussion in 'audio' started by BertieWorcester, Jan 10, 2021.

1. BertieWorcester

BertieWorcester What-ho!!

Has anyone else noticed what looks to be some well-sorted audio gear in the Peloton ad on T.V.? It's obviously the domain of someone that believes you don't need a floor-to-ceiling toppling mass of boxes to get a good sound.

Can anyone i.d. the gear, and more importantly the furniture it's stacked on?

2. Rockmeister

Rockmeister pfm Member

Wot Ho Bertram. Any pics or links?

3. neilm

neilm pfm Member

Slightly off topic, can’t read about peloton without thinking of this

sorry

irb, HarryCrumb, Accuphaseman and 9 others like this.
  4. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

I think this thread was just a clever marketing trick to get people to watch Peloton ads.

Personally, I think the idea of a £2000 stationary bike that you then have to pay £35 a month to use as it was intended is ridiculous.

5. BertieWorcester

BertieWorcester What-ho!!

Agreed. A capital outlay of £2000 with an additional £35 monthly is eye-wateringly close to HiFi-type spend.

Hcanning, Rana, Jono_13 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

Quite. You could buy at least a fancy power strip and at least two subscriptions to hi res streaming or you could even buy a power supply for a box that already has a power supply for that sort of money (which I happened to have just spent- on a peloton bike :rolleyes:). You can make most expensive things sound crazy at the end of the day.

Darren and booja30 like this.
  7. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

If it keeps people fit then it's probably a good alternative to a gym membership (especially for the time being). However, if I had a £2k budget for a piece of exercise equipment the only thing I would have eyes for is one of these:

[​IMG]

Ooh la la!

Miss Ariel and nmtjb like this.
  8. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

@BertieWorcester: so which ad was it? I watched one and it didn't have any stereo in it, just a lovely lady taking selfies like an idiot.

wow&flutter likes this.
  9. Minio

Minio pfm Member

I like this thread.
    Next time I go for a bike ride I'll be thinking of the 2 grand saving and the 35 quid a month I'm not spending. Yay!
    Can't wait to get on it.

booja30 likes this.
  10. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

That's very nice. £2000 isn't a great deal of money in proper MTB terms, I go out with 2 pals with £2k bikes. I do find it increasingly difficult to keep up on rough terrain with my 15 year old cross country hardtail.

11. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

What model is that? You don't get much Santa Cruz for £2k.

PhilofCas likes this.
  12. Millennium

Millennium pfm Member

I think I remember seeing an advert and wondering about the HIFI in it but I might just be mistaken. Good thread.

13. killie99

killie99 pfm Member

2 grand won't even get you a bloody mint condition Raleigh Chopper these days.

Jono_13 and Guinnless like this.
  14. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

For £2K+ it would have to say Honda on the side and do at least 160! You're all mad!!:D

Jono_13, Wobblybob and booja30 like this.
  15. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Used 5010.

I bought a new Santa Cruz in 2015 for $2500, it was a lime green Heckler. Did I mention I used to live two states away from Santa Cruz? So it was probably a lot cheaper with no import/export fees, VAT, etc.

Awesome bike, my all time favorite I've owned. I still have it and a blue/orange Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail. But yeah, they've gone up in price since 2015! So a used 5010 it is.

PhilofCas likes this.
  16. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Here's my Santa Cruz Chameleon. Not full suspension but it was $850 very lightly used. :)

[​IMG]

Tarzan and PhilofCas like this.
  17. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Why can’t they go for a bloody long power walk?

18. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

My first mountain bike was £400 and it's done over 20,000 miles. Well, bits of it have. I've never spent £2k on one but I'd like to.

booja30 likes this.
  19. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

I like that. I'd hand over $850 for a mininimally used one of them. Then I'd thrash the wheels off it.

20. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I'll be chuffed if I can bodge together something that works from whats left of the Pennine and the Giant:rolleyes:

djftw likes this.