advertisement

Audio Conversions Magazine (1980's ?)

Sid and Coke

and so the rebuild continues..
Whilst bumbling around the web , trying to get some info on my recent bad purchase of a s/h Moth Flutterbuster PSU, i happened across some references to the following publications and organistaions . Audio Conversions Magazine looking at the link here http://www.n.mackie.btinternet.co.uk/documents/index_d.html it would appear to be a magazine for keen Hi-Fi d DIYers, does anybody reacall this magazine or have any copies ? Issue 9 Page 11 and Issue 10 page 11 look promising for me. I happened across that link from this website of a shady Hi-Fi DIY secret society ;) http://www.earthcurrents.com/london-live/links.htm

As a side note;
I Popped into Mr Telly Fixers and he has managed to find some alternateive TP50 and TP49 power transistors for my Flutterbuster, hopefully this will fix it, but no promises. I managed to get hold of a NOS linn Basik PSU the other week so if or when I get the Flutterbuster going I'm all set for the big bang, ( but prefferably LP12 33/45 rpm electronic speed control on the cheap).

HI Sid,

I have issues 9,10 and 16 complete - picked up in local radio parts emporium from the odd'sn'sods box for 10p each! Drop me a PM with yer address and I'll photocopy the lot and post to you.

Actually these mags make quite interesting reading as a kind of PFM-DIY effort in the days before the WibblyWobblyWeb - from the naive to the erudite all the articles appear to have a real emphasis on just having fun...

Martin

BTW Sid I've just pawed through issues 9 and 10 - only a one-line mention of the Flutterbuster and no technical info at all, if that was what you were after :(

Hi Martin,
Thanks for looking. In depth technical info, particularly circuit schematic diagrams is what I'm after. It's quite surprising that a device such as this can exist with seemingly no Tech info. I'm sure there is something lurking on a dark and dingy webpage somewhere but I've yet to find it.
I seem to remember that Tim DaParavacini (???) may have designed the circuit. I suppose and exploratory mail in that direction may turn something up.
Moth, who made the thing, where no help at all.

Thanks for your kind offer, of the photo copy Martin, If the entry is just a one liner though, i don't think it would be much use to me for getting the old nail fixed.

advertisement

Back