advertisement

Audible difference by 1 piece.

Over the past 18 months, I’ve changed my entire system piece by piece, from ss to a valve based setup, every change has brought a considerable improvement but I have to say that the one that surprised me the most and probably my favourite was putting an Iq1 cartridge and AN Arm1 v2 on my p3, it just blew me away and set me on a vinyl journey, so much so I’ve pretty much stopped streaming (other than on the Bluetooth speaker in the kitchen). I’ve since bought a new Tt and Iq3 which is a much bigger improvement but then it should be for the outlay.

I think you can tinker away at the edges without making any gains, until you find the weak link and then bingo! For me, it has been swapping over from a NAC102 to a NJ loaded NAC12S and now to an RSL loaded NAC32.5. It's not until you find this weak link that things start to fall into place.

Speakers definitely and not in a good way. The cold harsh sound of Naim Intros at total odds to old Nam402 that sounded good right away. Still trying to find correct placement to get the Intro's working

I think you can tinker away at the edges without making any gains, until you find the weak link and then bingo! For me, it has been swapping over from a NAC102 to a NJ loaded NAC12S and now to an RSL loaded NAC32.5. It's not until you find this weak link that things start to fall into place.
Similar situation here, NAC 32.5 with NJ cards has saved me from upgraditis ! The NAP 160BD that’s paired with it remains in its original version and very pleased with it.

In the early days I would have said source made the biggest difference, but as the system evolved I found the biggest and most noticeable changes were the Vitus step up but the addition of the Wilson Sasha’s brought about the biggest improvement.

Lingo. Yeah, from long ago, but damn, what a difference it made! Second would probably be the Cirkus.

More recently, adding a Pardo TXPS to my nDAC made a world of difference for the better.

advertisement

Back