advertisement

ATC

Rotel RB-980BX:

Continuous Power ...120w @ 8 ohms / 220w @ 4 ohms
Bridged Power.........360w @ 8 ohms
Peak current: 80A
Damping factor: 1000 (20-20K Hz @8 Ohms)

For that money, a careful shopper might be able to pick up two and used them bridged to mono.

Brio-R is very tempting when funds allow.
I once owned 2 X Rotel RB-980BX set in bridge mono mode.But not wife friendly.Quite superb & very under rated

I used a Creek classic 5320se with my 11's before I bought my sia150. It was rated at 95 wpc which handled the 11's well.
I wrongly though they needed more power, after I bought the sia150 they did sound better but I was still craving more power. I upgraded to scm40 and that's when I realised it wasn't a power problem, the 11's just didn't go low enough for me.

If you can up the budget, there's a mint ATC SIA2-150 (the black version, which is from the same era) going for £750 - BARGAIN!!

If you can up the budget, there's a mint ATC SIA2-150 (the black version, which is from the same era) going for £750 - BARGAIN!!

Sigh... the old version looks *so* much better than pretty much everything ATC has ever produced since then, electronics-wise.

And don't get me started on the chicken-wire grille debacle of their new range of loudspeakers...

advertisement

Back