advertisement

ATC SCM 50 ASL Auction

Have you seen the 31.68% buyer commission charge? And the online charge as well. No wonder it's cheap auction price.

I wouldn't sell stuff through there, eBay looks a bargain compared.

It's going to be at least 3k × uplift and you don't know if they work and have no recourse.

The pictures aren't of great quality, but do show that (possibly extensive) repair to the veneer is needed, and I think you've got to assume that the speakers will need some kind of service and overhaul from ATC. You then have to factor in the aggregate auction fees of 30%, and the cost of packaging & getting the speakers from London back home. There's probably no paperwork or documentation, or it would have been included in the pictures. Working back from my own estimate of what a normal retail price for a working pair with documentation might be (£5.5K?), I would not bid much more than £2K. It'll be interesting to see what they actually go for!

2k now, already too much.

I expect these to appear in eBay at a certain broken things second hand retailer next week at 7k

On the other hand if a private buyer won, at £3.5k total they’re a good buy, assuming drivers and amps are ok of course!

If I’d needed some I would definitely have gone for them, oops but I would have to have outbid what they went for! Did you notice they extended the bidding 3 times in five minute segments? That’s because there was a last second bid on two occasions so trying to drive price higher I’m assuming. Imagine thinking you’ve outbidded everyone then realising the system has gazzumped you! :D

All part of the thrill of that medium I’m guessing, a gamble, better odds than many others. Glass half full sort of thing, got to be in it to win it. As long as risks understood and accepted, no problem. ATC would have been able to provide feedback on serial no. for one thing.

Well someone has taken a punt...got them for £3.5k then tested them..found they are in luck ...and put them on at £5k ...and got a bid

Well done I say

Well someone has taken a punt...got them for £3.5k then tested them..found they are in luck ...and put them on at £5k ...and got a bid

Well done I say
I agree, takes some work handling those.
However if the sellers feedback is anything to go by the drama may not yet be complete! :p

advertisement

Back