advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No call on mine yet... Anticipation is killing me!

JohnW - Is there any way I could purchase an uncut MDac case? Looking for something that will match to build my custom PSU into..

Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam,

I'm not sure if I can get a case out of IAG China, but I believe we opened tooling for our PSU casework today - so I can get you a "Blank" chassis within a couple of months.

The finish and footprint is the same as MDAC, but with heat-sinking area, so better to build a PSU with ;)

John

Hi Sam,

I'm not sure if I can get a case out of IAG China, but I believe we opened tooling for our PSU casework today - so I can get you a "Blank" chassis within a couple of months.

The finish and footprint is the same as MDAC, but with heat-sinking area, so better to build a PSU with ;)

John

That would be ideal, even better if it was to have a matching power button and led (LED I can sort but power button?)
No rush anyway, first few designs will be build out of a box (mains connections / transformer in a small project box for safety) until I settle on what sounds best... Shunt/STR/PR etc...

Thanks again for all your help John, its really appreciated.

Sam

That would be ideal, even better if it was to have a matching power button and led (LED I can sort but power button?)

Thanks again for all your help John, its really appreciated.

Sam

Hi Sam,

On our design, the power switch is mounted on the rear panel due to internal space restrictions - the "AudioLab" type power switch uses a lot of internal volume, which would have restricted the already limited heatsinking area,

John

Picked my silver M-DAC up from Bartletts earlier at the pre-order price. First to collect from them, they were unboxing a bunch of M-DACs from their shipping cartons when arrived. It's sat under my desk at work now waiting for me to get home and run it in. Can't wait.

Many thanks John for all your efforts on this - will post my impressions once I've had a decent play with it, but have no doubts I'll be pleased & that it will be a significant step up from my DacMagic.

Looking forward to the PSU & transport :)

Simon

Picked my silver M-DAC up from Bartletts earlier at the pre-order price. First to collect from them, they were unboxing a bunch of M-DACs from their shipping cartons when arrived. It's sat under my desk at work now waiting for me to get home and run it in. Can't wait.

Many thanks John for all your efforts on this - will post my impressions once I've had a decent play with it, but have no doubts I'll be pleased & that it will be a significant step up from my DacMagic.

Looking forward to the PSU & transport :)

Simon

Hi Simon,

:) - Well I guess today is going to be jugdement day for me :eek:

Likewise - picking mine up after work from same place. Thanks JohnW, very appreciated.

Yes, I'm looking forward to mine too. John, any suggestions about how long to do a burn-in?

This may be the best place to point out a small error in the user manual (Yes, I know John didn't get to proof-read it).

On p19, Audio Midi Setup, there is a note that after changing sampling format, you have to close and re-open iTunes. Maybe this was true for early versions of iTunes, and Benchmark also say this, but for iTunes 10, t'ain't so! You change the setting, there is a 1-2 second drop-out of sound, and then the stream starts again with the new settings. I have just checked this on a CDQ with an old Powerbook G4 and a fairly new MacBook.

Looking to the future, a question for John. When the new matching CD transport appears,will the remote handset also control the M-DAC? I, and maybe others out there, get complaints about "So many zappers, I can't play a CD any more...."

Bob

Yes, I'm looking forward to mine too. John, any suggestions about how long to do a burn-in?

This may be the best place to point out a small error in the user manual (Yes, I know John didn't get to proof-read it).

On p19, Audio Midi Setup, there is a note that after changing sampling format, you have to close and re-open iTunes. Maybe this was true for early versions of iTunes, and Benchmark also say this, but for iTunes 10, t'ain't so! You change the setting, there is a 1-2 second drop-out of sound, and then the stream starts again with the new settings. I have just checked this on a CDQ with an old Powerbook G4 and a fairly new MacBook.

Looking to the future, a question for John. When the new matching CD transport appears,will the remote handset also control the M-DAC? I, and maybe others out there, get complaints about "So many zappers, I can't play a CD any more...."

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback - I did proof read the manual - but I don't get too involved in the MAC side of things - I'm old fashion :)

I do love TimR's Squeezebox touch - it works so well - with no messing.

Yes, there will be a single remote handset for our Transport and the Audiolab MDAC.

No word on mine yet.

And even worse, my speakers didn't sell so I can't pay for it for two weeks any way!!

Most unhappy and miffed with the world at large.

Time for a steak and chips.

What I would do for steak and chips!

Did you contact your dealer to see if it arrived?

There's a unit here:-

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1516866#post1516866

What speakers are you trying to sell?

It's a giant mega-steak too John.

I emailed Lintone but no reply yet. I'll call them tomorrow.

I'm trying to sell my AVI Trios, excellent but it seems a little unknown or some such.

Now I have two more weeks of drooling over everyone's descriptions when they start here. Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back