advertisement

At last... (Audiolab) - part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray!!!! Hats-off to Superfi Leicester, my MDAC has arrived and awaiting my collection, which I hope to do this lunchtime.

Anyone else received their MDACs yet?

Hi John.

I am in Singapore as well, and was told by the dealer here to expect pre-order delivery by mid Dec.
However, I can ill afford to gamble with possible disappointment and was wondering if it's possible to have a unit shipped into Singapore via your channel?

Thanks!

John

Dear John,

I too, echo Blurpapa's sentiments on the anticipation of your new M-DAC and would really hate the disappointment it will bring if it is not available in the next month or two. Is there any way we could have a unit purchased through you directly since you are the creator and you are the one who had brought this "misery" upon us for making us desire it so much?! *fingers crossed*

-Ivan (Singapore)

Noooo dont say that sq :)

Did you compare the chord to bog standard usb spec cable, I agree re poor design, not sure if you could visibly check that mind. If the spec rating on the cable performs as then job done surely.

Yes, to a standard cable - though the chord wasn't particularly expensive (£40 I think). The DAC in question was actually powered by the USB lead, I don't know if this makes a difference. The demo was pretty conclusive and I was surprised how big the difference between the two cables was (though, in some ways, I preferred the standard cable).

All this Martin Logan talk makes me think of this image. :)

4jilistenroom.jpg

Image: Jon Iverson Stereophile

Let's be frank.

That is an AMAZING view, spoiled by a pair of loudspeakers and a couple of amps.

It needs some chairs in front of it, so you can sit, drink a coffee and take in the view.

Hooray!!!! Hats-off to Superfi Leicester, my MDAC has arrived and awaiting my collection, which I hope to do this lunchtime.

Anyone else received their MDACs yet?

Don't forget to "run-in" your MDAC's once they arrive.

Brand new units need at least 12 hours before they start to reach their full potential - most "change" happens within the first 24 hours...

That's a better system then I have - I believe that the MDAC's is really going to impress you in your system (Gosh I hope the MDAC's going to work when it arrives)....
I will be disappointed if it doesn't actually work!
If it works as well as I feel it should, then I'll be happy. I'm also looking forward to the SBT mods as I use a SBT in my office system driving Meridian M3s and its nice, but it never really did it for me in the main system, but the family like the interface (the Linn has no interface at all, just iPad control which suits me fine). If the MDAC can make the SBT work "perfectly" then I may stick the Linn on eBay and use the money to buy more music.
The Summits were rationalised because we "need" speakers with minimal vertical dispersion as we have very low ceilings and solid stone floor without carpets in our cottage. Therefore they are capital expenditure on the house, and don't come out of the luxuries budget!

Don't forget to "run-in" your MDAC's once they arrive.
Brand new units need at least 12 hours before they start to reach their full potential - most "change" happens within the first 24 hours...
Will the MDAC be happy if switched off overnight then switched on again about 30 mins before listening? We have timed switches for everything in our "eco" house, so the hifi goes off overnight, and on again just before we get home from work...

Will the MDAC be happy if switched off overnight then switched on again about 30 mins before listening? We have timed switches for everything in our "eco" house, so the hifi goes off overnight, and on again just before we get home from work...

Hi Jem,

Once the MDAC's been "run-in", then 30 minutes warm-up beforehand will be OK.

Just got the call. Collecting mine tonight hopefully. :D

Same here. Not sure how much time I'll be able to devote to it tonight though. Any recommendations for letting it burn in? Is it just a matter of leaving it turned on, or should we be playing music through it ?

Just had the call today, it's arrived at Bartletts. Which would be great, but I took the call shortly after arriving at the labour ward, so I fear my attention will be elsewhere for a couple of days!

Spent morning working from home and just as I was leaving for work got a call to pick up my MDAC.. its sat on my desk at work. nice distraction tho :)

Just had the call today, it's arrived at Bartletts. Which would be great, but I took the call shortly after arriving at the labour ward, so I fear my attention will be elsewhere for a couple of days!

Oh - the very best of luck to you all :)

How you going to keep the Baby quite while listening to the MDAC?

Oh well, at least you will be able to run-in your MDAC - until you have peace to listen in say 18 to 20 years time...

John

Good luck .. I'll be in same position in 9 weeks. Looking at headphones :p

Mdac picked and working!!!
Huge scare at first though. I couldn't get USB to stay stable. Wasapi just seized after a couple of seconds and asio4all kept dropping out. So changed USB cable and rebooted. Will have to do a bit more testing as what the actual problem was as working fine now.

Initial listening test :) :) can play music loud again without cutting me in two and the quality tight sound is back again which I had with my Copland CD.

Anyway must go back to work :-(

Looking forward to playing more later although not much time until weekend. So far brilliant and not run in yet

No call on mine yet... Anticipation is killing me!

JohnW - Is there any way I could purchase an uncut MDac case? Looking for something that will match to build my custom PSU into..

Thanks,
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back