Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

AT 95 cartridge.

Discussion in 'audio' started by mikegreenwood, Oct 23, 2016.

1. hi-fi132

hi-fi132 pfm Member

You and I have had similar experiences. Having used many hi-fi dealers over the years I've found the after sales service to be pretty poor in most cases, usually if something develops a fault. I've returned products only to hear nothing for months (I like to play the waiting game to see if they'll bother to get back to me which most don't), and when I do get in contact I either get an excuse, a "oh sorry, we forgot", or an immediate replacement / refund. I usually buy online now or through dealers like Richer Sounds who in my experience have better customer service than any. Not only will they beat online prices, but they don't make a fuss or develop a poor attitude if something should go wrong. On the occasions when I've had faulty products from them, they've been immediately replaced without issue. We also recently used their extended warranty on a TV and that service was extremely efficient too.

2. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

I like the AT95 on my RB300/Planar3 but I find the end of side distortion a bit too untidy. Is it my setup or alignmnent skills or is this the drawback of the price vs performance?

3. hi-fi132

hi-fi132 pfm Member

Which protractor did you use for alignment and what tracking force is the cart set to? You sometimes get a bit of ESD but I've never noticed anything excessive.

4. MJS

MJS Technical Tinkerer

I lost the Rega protractor ages ago so was using one from a magazine, can't remember which. I'm not anywhere near it so can't check the tracking weight until later.