advertisement

Ash Design rack

A friend had one of these racks, look good, but the shelves are a mare when moving kit, they tend to drop as one pin at the back. He managed to mess up a couple of bits of kit using this rack and eventually binned it.

It’s ugly from the sides is my guess.

Had a bad day?

A friend had one of these racks, look good, but the shelves are a mare when moving kit, they tend to drop as one pin at the back. He managed to mess up a couple of bits of kit using this rack and eventually binned it.

The one in the auction has two pins at the back, as the pictures show clearly. Are you sure your friend's was even by Ash Design? There were several manufacturers made superficially similar designs way back.

These racks have have been quite sought after for a long time, having been out of production for ages.

A little quote from Tony's usage post at the head of this section of the forum:

"As with everywhere on pfm I'd like this room to have a positive vibe, so I'd appreciate it if we could concentrate on the interesting rather than picking holes in other folk's listings!"

...I'd like this room to have a positive vibe...

Here goes then... ‘I think they’re great!!’

One end of the room...

...the other...

51121565751_57f31ed51d.jpg

I had cosmic racks for years never had an issue with the glass moving? Lovely racks if I had cause to need a rack I would look out for one.

Reactions: irb
Owned a narrow Ash Designs rack back when I had all shoebox-sized kit - really rate them, still the best-made rack I've owned.

When I changed to full-sized kit I had to design my own (rather simpler) version, because AD had gone out of production and people rarely sold them.

y4mpV6FKorpLxVt80f9pblqPysUNJOAcC18q23mn6xcoVc-XkMbujGHm73NH0psZKO95eVWJiMg66zIM5qMR8celnA4oOQrlTGtQLjC3KuvX_ry2ySddNTBgF-RBSudtUShThV07XYXMhlssBFDoJIWnMI_LzkEQTfWnDZKpbtN1AbULnVpEYzI2vODblBx17Sk

Reactions: irb
Owned a narrow Ash Designs rack back when I had all shoebox-sized kit - really rate them, still the best-made rack I've owned.

When I changed to full-sized kit I had to design my own (rather simpler) version, because AD had gone out of production and people rarely sold them.

y4mpV6FKorpLxVt80f9pblqPysUNJOAcC18q23mn6xcoVc-XkMbujGHm73NH0psZKO95eVWJiMg66zIM5qMR8celnA4oOQrlTGtQLjC3KuvX_ry2ySddNTBgF-RBSudtUShThV07XYXMhlssBFDoJIWnMI_LzkEQTfWnDZKpbtN1AbULnVpEYzI2vODblBx17Sk

Very tidy

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Looking at the design I can see how this could happen. I have a bad back and I can't raise heavy components on middle/bottom shelves when I pull them out at the front, I have to drag them along the shelf. I've had racks where the sticky rubber feet on the kit pulls the shelf forwards when doing this. Looking at this model I can see that might pull the glass forward until it falls at the back.

advertisement

Back