advertisement

[FS/SWAP] Arthur Radford Custom Mono Blocks w. Passive Pre

Ergot

pfm Member
Ok folks, this is your chance to grab a unicorn.

Arthur Radford built mono blocks, similar design to the original Mullard design, not wildly different from Beam Echo mono blocks.

These were a private commission built by Arthur for a chap that had commissioned a couple of other amps (long lost sadly). I bought them from the family of the late owner.

I spoke (and sent photos) with Will from Radford Revival who pointed out many “tells” such as the obvious transformers, to the more subtle L shaped metal brackets and even a couple of components that were exclusive/preferred by Arthur.

These work perfectly, I’ve personally used them for the last year or so without a single issue.

They sound absolutely beautiful, everyone that’s heard them says the same thing “I could listen to this all day everyday” and having done so for a year can confirm they are a joy from morning to night.

They are beautifully detailed, not too warm, natural and real sounding. I would guess they’re between 30-50w however they could be more, my speakers are +98db so I never had the volume over 50% (that was more than loud enough!). They really are a treasure.

Why am I selling them? Well I’ve just got the Lumley ST70 back after spending a king’s ransom on bringing it back from the dead and I must be honest, The Lumley is a monster and I want to play with it for the next twelve months or so. I am one of these odd folk that if forever buying kit but doesn’t like to hoard, essentially I seem very good at parting with money and kit with startling frequency :D

The valves they use are as follows:

EZ81 - Mullard
EL34 - JJ kt77
EL34 - JJ kt77
6U8A - Silvana
EF86 - Mullard

Any questions, more pictures, photos of them with the covers off, pics of the passive pre, just ask

I won’t sell them separately or split them from the pre. I’d like these to go together and hopefully find a good home :)

£2500 offers welcome, I’ve a weakness for moving coil exotica and would consider trades

unhurried demo with a cup of tea just off J16/M4 (swindon) welcome, most time available

IMG_3444.jpeg

IMG_2918-scaled.jpeg

Well the Lumley has taken umbrage towards one of its 6550’s and as I have no desire to offer up more pictures of our late monarch in its general direction I’ve pressed these beauties back into service under the direction of a rather splendid Pass Labs Aleph7 (clone) which is more than tickling my fancies! :D

If anyone is interested in a very nice Lumley ST70 with its companion LV1 pre amp, it’s just had a small fortune spent servicing it as well as all its little valves replaced. like I said one of its 6550’s has left the building so I’d recommend replacing all four (about £400). let me know, I might be easily persuaded to let it go for a bargain :)

advertisement

Back