advertisement

Arlene Foster hanging by a thread.

That would seem like good news except they will probably replace her with someone worse!

Edwin Poots - if you think things are religious now you ain't seen anything yet!
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...hern-ireland-edwin-poots-creationist-anti-gay

"He's a Young Earth Creationist who believes the Earth began just 4,000 years ago"

image.jpg

Oh Joy abounding....we are about to get a damn good churching.
These dinosaurs rely on their flock.
Their flock spend the better part of their days in dimly lit corners slavishly drooling in onanistic delight over their version of their good book. They have no care other than to shriek their pseudo biblical bollox and claim that 'themmuns' get everything as they shake their gilded bony judgemental digits.

Until the voters here in N.I wake up and turf them out we shall see only more of their drivel.

Oh Joy abounding....we are about to get a damn good churching.
These dinosaurs rely on their flock.
Their flock spend the better part of their days in dimly lit corners slavishly drooling in onanistic delight over their version of their good book. They have no care other than to shriek their pseudo biblical bollox and claim that 'themmuns' get everything as they shake their gilded bony judgemental digits.

Until the voters here in N.I wake up and turf them out we shall see only more of their drivel.

Thing is, the opposition isn't much chop. One of our properties is rented out to one of the opposition parties (who shall remain nameless) and we nearly had to get the locks changed due to rent arrears...and they are meant to be a viable alternative but can't even pay their bloody rent on time. We had bought the property off them 3 months prior because they were so skint and I don't think they'd got it into their heads that they no longer owned the place!

4000 years? There are pieces of pottery in existence that are older than that!

Now this quote is from 2007 which is literally a Millenia ago in Poots world timeline so he may have wised up since then:

"...he rejected the big bang theory, saying: "You're telling me that cosmic balls of dust gathered and there was an explosion. We've had lots of explosions in Northern Ireland and I've never seen anything come out of that that was good." Needless to say, he also doesn't believe in evolution. Though he is willing to admit that dinosaurs may have existed before they were all drowned in the flood. Not exactly a promising start for someone in a ministerial position which, perhaps more than most, should depend on rationally assessing evidence."

So the dinosaurs all drowned because Noah couldn't fit them in? I think the Loch Ness monster managed to sneak in though.

"He's a Young Earth Creationist who believes the Earth began just 4,000 years ago"

Probably a misquote - the old calculation of Archbishop Ussher was that creation took place at 9.00 am on 23 October 4004 BC. Famously mentioned at 4:22 here:

Probably a misquote - the old calculation of Archbishop Ussher was that creation took place at 9.00 am on 23 October 4004 BC.

Conveniently that works out to be a Sunday. So earth popped into existence just in time for the morning service.

But hang on there a mo - Ussher might have been be a hair amiss - all this dividing the light from the dark business, on what was supposed to be the day of rest? Who'd adam & eve it...

advertisement

Back