advertisement

Are DHL the pits or can it get worse ?

Problem solved. DHL have just informed me that the parcel is in their return to sender process which can sometimes take as much as a month and a half to reach Germany and there is nothing I can do to accelerate things from Tenerife. I will now start leaning on the sender to refund me and forget all about this episode and especially DHL. As I said earlier, the only interested party in resolving cockups like this is the clown that pays up front. My next courier service is called Shanks´s Pony in-hand Service ( with a little help from Easyjet or similar ). I´m going down the beach........

Too bad there's not a local branch of JBugs or Wolfsburg West on the Canaries...

Tell me about it. There used to be plenty of spares here as the Canaries had a very healthy Bug population but over the last 15 years they have closed as numbers dwindled. Although there are some amazing examples here in storage for posterity there are very few daily drivers like mine. Even the toddlers in their pushchairs point at me when I drive past in the street - I bet they, like their parents, think cars should all be boring SUVs. Just today, someone left a note on my wife´s 1981 Austin mini offering to buy. Ah well, my 1975 1303 Superbeetle will see me out unless petrol keeps going up like it has been doing recently.

I once bought a DAC from China which arrived super quick with DHL, but when the courier arrived he said there was some duty to pay - he could come back the next day once I had paid online or I could give him cash. As I wanted to play with my new toy ASAP I handed over the cash but no receipt was given and I forgot to ask for one - big mistake. Soon after I started getting demands to pay this duty - every time I called them to explain the situation they were fine about it and accepted my account. However the written demands continued over months until they said they were going to take me to court unless I paid it. At this point I gave up and just paid, again. Wasn’t a huge amount of money but a very frustrating experience with DHL's 'Customer Service'.

So not a good idea to hand over cash at the door.
All proper delivery services aren't actually allowed to take money at the door. Sounds like a rogue driver.

Sorry to hear of unfortunate experiences but usually DHL is OK.

I had an amp sent yesterday from ebay on DHL Overnight. Arrived today and all up and running. Perfect.

advertisement

Back