advertisement

Arcam vs. (Newer) Exposure House Sound

greg788

pfm Member
Looking to upgrade and I'm familiar with the 2010S2. I'm intrigued by an Arcam A28 at a good price. Neither are local. What's the general house sound of each brand in your experience, or has anyone compared these head to head? Finally, which would be smoother, less ruthless with bad recordings?

The Exposure will be more detailed, tuneful and punchier but will surrender just a bit less with low quality recordings but shouldn’t be too bad.
Arcam is similar to Quad while Exposure is similar to Naim, IMO.

i find arcam to be smooth with just enough bite to give excitement without becoming fatiging. they are amazing vfm and use an integrated arcam amp as a power amp with my sensitive horns and they rather like it

i find arcam to be smooth with just enough bite to give excitement without becoming fatiging. they are amazing vfm and use an integrated arcam amp as a power amp with my sensitive horns and they rather like it
You have succinctly nailed the ‘Arcam sound’ right there.

But having said that, I was stunned by the Arcam Alpha 6 CDP and Alpha 10 amp in the 90’s, this was off the back off listening to exciting/rock friendly stuff like the Audiolab 8000S, Marantz CD63 KI sig etc

advertisement

Back