advertisement

[WTD] Arcam Delta Black Box DAC

beammeup

pfm Member
I know it's odd but I like this DAC.

I would like the one with the TDA1541 inside please - and preferably with the optical input because that will take a 48kHz sample rate without hissing at me!

Thanks - old tech I know - I just love the sound of them.

One on eBay now

Don’t know if it’s a 1541 version though…

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
One on eBay now

Don’t know if it’s a 1541 version though…
No that one isn't - but thanks for helping out ...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The original had a coax input only, the BB2 had the additional optical card. I looked it up 🙂
Wouldn’t mind trying one myself….

yes - it will just say Black Box on the front if its the original... even the BB2 said black box with no 2. Sold mine (BB2) earlier in the year. They are really good considering they are from about 1987!

Just a point the DAC you want was only ever called an Arcam Black Box no mention of Delta . I had one of the first ones made but mine was fitted with sockets for the DAC chips rather than soldered to the board so I could use a crown 1541 chip set instead .

iu

But there were was no delta tag with the first unit release and there was certainly no delta tag on the face plate that came with later units all of which did not have the chip requested in .

The Black Box 3 was bitstream and then there was the Black Box 50. Neither of those had Delta printed on the facia but just had the Delta logo. All the pictures I see from the original and the BB2 have Delta on them.

Fully agree but the unit being sort is the very first Arcam Black Box which was arguably the first DAC and this was only titled Black Box nothing to do with the later Delta range . But this is mucking up a wanted thread so will leave it alone . Sorry to the OP.

I love mine. I bought a Non-OverSampling (NOS) Jumper Socket for the Philips SAA7220 and had a local technician remove the original, he then replaced it with a blank socket. I can swap back and forth with ease.

advertisement

Back