Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Arcam Alpha 8R & 8P

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Rob998, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

Both working fine, have got the remote for the 8R somewhere (only does volume and mute, which actually just puts it into standby). Both in nice condition and only the usual small marks. Power cables, non foo, also included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prices are all over the place for these, the 8R seems to go for between £100 and £150, and the 8P between £120- 200, so:

8R - £125
    8P - £150
    Both - £250

Willing to post at cost (probably about a tenner each) but will have to find suitable boxes. Obvs pick up or taxi is welcome. Located in glorious Wigan.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Adam N and gavreid like this.
  2. chartz

chartz If it’s broke fix it!

Bargain alert!

Rob998 likes this.
  3. lawrence001

lawrence001 pfm Member

Where are you located?

4. Rob998

Ah, sorry, thought I’d put that. Wigan.

5. mad-moon

mad-moon pfm Member

+1

Rob998 likes this.
  6. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

My first proper amplifier the 8R, excellent bit of kit and worth every penny of your asking price... it’s still in the family 20 years on, I’m listening to it right now through a pair of Wharfedale Diamonds in my parent’s (home) bar!

Rob998 likes this.
  7. Rob998

Lots of love for these lovely amps, but they’re languishing on the shelf of despair, won’t someone please give them a new life? All they want to do is pump music out to you, and they’re so, so sad because they can’t fulfill their mission in life...

And I found the remote for the 8R, I’ll put new batteries in it and post a picture of it, probably with a cat, tomorrow.

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  8. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I already gave mine to my parents and an Alpha 9 to my cousin... and I have another four unused amps at home. Happy to endorse them though, they’re lovely sounding amps, warm but NOT soft like some people make out. The guy looking for a £100-£200 amp earlier should snap the 8R up!

Rob998 likes this.
  9. paulgolding

paulgolding pfm Member

Hi. Are these still available? . . If so I can offer £250 for both posted?
    I'm in Kent and with lockdown etc wouldn't be able to pick up

Thank you

Rob998 likes this.
  10. Rob998

That would be fine. I need to sort out some packaging so I’ll PM you when I’ve managed to find something suitable.

11. paulgolding

paulgolding pfm Member

That’s perfect. No rush and I’ll pop a PM across to confirm

Rob998 likes this.
  12. Rob998

Sold, thanks!

13. paulgolding

paulgolding pfm Member

Arrived today. Extremely well packaged and in great condition. Thanks for a great service

Paul