advertisement

ARC - Audio Reproduction Company ...

Hi there. Just ended to read this very interesting post. First owning a pair of atom i recently got 050 and i want to renew passive filters but as they are sealed the solution could be buiding remote items. Do somebody around here knows where to find original specificarions and sheme to proceed?
Thank you for your help.
Regards from France.
Fred
I have a pair of remote crossovers for the 202s -I don't know if these are the same specification, but they are unsealed!

Took a trip up to London yesterday to collect the ARC 202s discussed above. Mike you weren’t wrong they are absolutely mint!! I had a pair of ARC 050s years ago in similar condition that had the boxes / packaging etc that I regret selling but these are more than a fair substitute. Currently keeping my “new” (to me) SBLs company until I work out what / where to use them.

Can anyone suggest what stands would work with 202s. I’ve seen pictures showing 202s on low open frame type stands of the type my 101s used to sit on but I can’t tell if they’re the same or slightly lower in height. I’ve also seen these stands used for BC1s and other similar sized speakers but any suggestions of things to narrow the eBay search would be appreciated.

The “new” SBLs were meant to be next in line to receive my attentions when I finally get the chance (probably at Christmas now, I’ve had them since 1st October!!) bought all the necessaries to re-do gaskets, seals, new tweeters, oil the veneer etc etc just haven’t had the time; the idea being to replace the black ones here.

However the 2way active nature of the above is just what is needed & probably be pretty close to required crossover specs for the ARC202 to slot right in. Just need to source / make some stands for them.

Last edited:
Spare Parts for the ARC 802 Driver ....

qzuF27t.jpg

First new ARC 050s in Baltic PlyWood makes quite wonderfull noise ....

oa909xR.jpg

eIbspfv.jpg

Waiting now for the new OW1 or OW2 Tweeters .... not sure which are the right ones.
How come the 802 woofers on my 202s along with the few others I’ve seen have black cones however there’s a pair of 102s on eBay atmo and they’re a much lighter colour (and they’re not alone in looking like this).
And this is the secret of the sound ....

May I introduce to you the ARC Cone:

LxdMXX6.jpg

advertisement

Back