advertisement

AR Sound

I am using a Lunar in between my CD5xs and my Nait XS. I am happy with what it brings to the sound. I am now wondering whether to also change the cables I use between my Teddy Dualcap and the Nait.

Does anyone here has experience with this? Does it "bring more" to the overall sound, after there is already a Lunar between source and amp? How would you say the Lunar compares to the standard Teddy Pardo cable?

Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Joe,

In short I tried an AR Sound Green 2 cable between my CDX, XPS and 72 to replace the Naim Lavender. The improvement after about 10 days (took a long time to burn in) was nothing short of a work of alchemy. The sound opened out, became more natural, clearer vocals, clearer backing vocals, space between instruments etc etc..

Kind regards, Bob

Anything that improves the sound of a CDX (one of the most agressive and unpleasant sounding CDP`s on the planet imho) can`t be all bad;)

laurie

I'd be especially interested to hear what the added value is of adding a third and fourth cable (in this case between Teddy Dualcap and Nait) when the first Lunar (between source and amp) is in place.

I'd be especially interested to hear what the added value is of adding a third and fourth cable (in this case between Teddy Dualcap and Nait) when the first Lunar (between source and amp) is in place.

I did find the AR cable between Teddycap (or Hicap) and power amp made a very worthwhile improvement.

That is helpful. I'd also prefer first to change one cable at a time. Avi recommends to change the 5 pin first (as it also influences the power).

When all this AR Sound thing blew open I bought a yellow interconnect to try, and after it settling in for a while, which it needed, it became my replacement for the grey Naim lead between my CDS1 & 52 pre.

Two years later, my new room is much brighter and I am at the point of trying the Naim cable again to try and tame the bright & brittleness that the room is giving with the CD player, although I have no such issue with vinyl strangely enough.
IIRC the CDX is fairly bright and a bit 'crashy'. It appears to be in its character and I think if that trait isn't liked (many do), then no amount of cable changes will change it, but IME a AR Sound cable might tip it further the wrong way.

I have no idea yet what going back to a Naim grey interconnect will do, and it may not help. I do know that I considered the AR Yellow to be superior overall, because it stayed put when I installed it.

When all this AR Sound thing blew open I bought a yellow interconnect to try, and after it settling in for a while, which it needed, it became my replacement for the grey Naim lead between my CDS1 & 52 pre.

Two years later, my new room is much brighter and I am at the point of trying the Naim cable again to try and tame the bright & brittleness that the room is giving with the CD player, although I have no such issue with vinyl strangely enough.
IIRC the CDX is fairly bright and a bit 'crashy'. It appears to be in its character and I think if that trait isn't liked (many do), then no amount of cable changes will change it, but IME a AR Sound cable might tip it further the wrong way.

I have no idea yet what going back to a Naim grey interconnect will do, and it may not help. I do know that I considered the AR Yellow to be superior overall, because it stayed put when I installed it.

From my experience if you are now in a brighter room going from an AR Yellow back to the standard Naim cable will be even worse than in a more 'normal' sounding room. I found the AR cables to be very extended in the top end but not really bright, just very natural. I will be very interested to hear how you get on.

advertisement

Back