advertisement

Ar Lunar Equilateral

Hi all, my first post here on PFM so please go easy on me. I got the Lunar EQ on recommendation from Joeribt after getting some TelluriumQ Black Diamond speaker cables which took about 200 hours to,settle even though they were pre loved.
I did comparisons with Naim Super Lumina, Chord Signiture TA and WitchHat Hatpin cables. The Chord was dull as dishwater, totally lifeless so was the first to go. Next was the Hatpin, I have to say for the money it is a very good cable and better in my system than the Chord at a fraction of the cost, it does a lot right but is a little siblient on the odd recording but overall offers superb value for money.
I have not used the standard Lunar so I am not able to compare the it to the Equilateral.
It took 400+ hours to burn in on my system and did go bright before finally settling down. I did a blind test with a friend one it was fully burned in. The result was a close call with the Naim SL. Cables are running from N272 to 300DR. The final verdict was the Lunar Equatorial just edges the Super Lumina. We felt bass was better controlled and more defined. Also the top end was sweeter but in a very natural organic, analogue way, very open and transparent across the whole frequency range. Another advantage over SL is better soundstage especially depth and height. There is not a total night and day difference between the two but overall the Lunar Equatorial cable's just sounds more "right" it lets the music flow unhindered. Simply put, it is an outstanding cable and increadaby good value for money imho compared to the Super Lumina.

advertisement

Back