advertisement

Apple Watch owner’s opinions

Search eBay for Milanese loop. There’s only one factory in the world that produces the mesh used AFAIK, so they should be identical to the official version.
Thanks but I don’t really like the Milanese bracelet. They pretty much give it away with series 7 anyway.
I have a Tissot watch with a metal bracelet and I’d like something similar.
Is the 41 mm too small for you guys?
Stainless steel or aluminum?

my smart watch comes with a Titanium case with Saphire glass and holds a charge for nearly a week.
Huawei GT 2 Pro ;)

sjb, 7 months on, transformational product or pricey digital watch?

It’s on that spectrum and have moved along it over the 7 months.

It’s worth saying that in Ireland you cannot get these with SIMs so one always has to have your phone with you for a lot of the functionality of call, text, WhatsApp and notifications.

Certainly if you had asked me after 2-3 weeks it was close to the pricey digital watch end of the spectrum. It wasn’t really doing much more than the phone was doing apart from the heart monitoring which was the main reason I bought it and so was pleased enough with MY purchase form that perspective. But its a insidious little bastard and things like Apple Pay, automatically noticing if you’ve gone for a walk or a cycle, setting timers using Siri whilst cooking, football scores straight to my wrist and the iPad shopping lists being ticked off on the phone began to see usefulness seep into the everyday. Not transformational but further along the spectrum. Then I came across (for me) the killer app - RooWatch, a Roon remote control on the Apple Watch. Now this I use daily as I use Roon for a few hours each day to listen to music. I have several zones in my house but was often in a room with no way to control it. Now the remote is on my wrist. By its nature its not a full fat Roon so for main listening I primarily use to for play and stop and to see what is playing. For my zones (mainly BlueOS) it also controls volume and can do a fair job of getting music playing.

So no not a transformational product but I probably use it now as much as my phone and would replace it without hesitation if I lost it.

.sjb

Not purchased yet. It will be ordered from the online Apple Store, so I can’t try it on (I live in the country, no Apple shop nearby).
So, 41 or 45 mm boys? Any drawbacks to the 41 mm?
The 45 looks a bit too big for my average wrist. And I’ve never liked big watches anyway.
Thanks.

Have Apple confirmed it is still September for updated models ? I suspect it could slip a month or 2 or 3 this year...

Rumours are still saying Sept 13th same day as iPhone 14 but defo shortages in play so actual in shop date may slip.

My Apple Watch SE has an hourly signal which I find very useful. It also tells me when to take out the teabag, where my iPhone is because I lose it all the time, it reminds me to raise my desk so I stand more when working. It wakes me up discreetly from my siesta at the canteen. But most of all it does get me to do more exercise, those stupid Apple medals work for me somehow. Oh and when I lose my way when hiking (sense of orientation very bad) I can check afterwards where I went off the right way :confused:

The SE is nice but I would miss the always on display, the black screen being the reason I hadn’t considered an iWatch before.

I absolutely love my Apple Watch 6. really the only downsides are crap battery life, would love the week that you get out of a Garmin or others. Plus if you have a nice traditional timepiece (I do) you’re wearing a hell of a lot less!

If you have an iPhone, I don’t think you can touch an Apple Watch in terms of functionality.

Correct, I would never buy an Android smart watch, even though Apple’s watch is not particularly attractive as regards style. It isn’t ugly, but rather uninspiring I find.
So, 41 or 45 then?

advertisement

Back