Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Apple MacBook Pro 15" Retina mid-2014 16GB/512GB SSD i7

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Nero, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

I may regret this, but now it's been replaced, I don't really have a home for it.

This has been my workhorse for 6 years, and it has never put a foot wrong. I've been running Windows all that time, but I've installed a nice new copy of Big Sur for the next user.

Specification here but to summarise, i7 2.5GHz quad core, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 15" retina, good keyboard (before they screwed it up with Touch).

Always kept in case when travelling, but it does have a few knocks on the outside. I will take some photos later if required but I'd say it was 9/10. Display is perfect.

I have two Magsafe2 96W power adapters, and I originally bought it in December 2014 from the Apple refurbished store. Comes in original packaging. Only repair has been replacement by an Apple reseller of right hand speaker unit, which died a couple of years ago.

Ebay is a nightmare these days, so I was thinking £550 firm incl shipping. Payment preferred by bank transfer or cash/collection West Sussex - not sure if you can squeeze that amount through PP Gift :)

Cheers
    John

2. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

bump

Michael Cresswell likes this.
  3. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Still available. Open to (sensible) offers

4. wulbert

wulbert pfm Member

Hi, might be interested for my daughter. What is the battery condition like? Does it come in original box.
    Best,
    Wul

5. wulbert

wulbert pfm Member

Sorry, it's not what she's looking for. Good luck with the sale. Nice machine that.

6. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Yes it is. I'd keep it if I had a use for it!

wulbert likes this.
  7. wulbert

wulbert pfm Member

Might be interested in it for myself actually. I have sent you a PM. Rgds.

8. Cesare

Cesare pfm Member

Tell me about it. Good luck with the sale, excellent machines these, and as you point out, perfect windows workhorses.

9. 24ggaarryy

24ggaarryy pfm Member

Hi Sounds a great machine, could you tell me how many battery cycles its had please.

Thanks

10. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

For those that have asked about battery condition, I never had any issues with it. Unfortunately, I've wiped it back to a virgin Big Sur start up, so I don't think I can access the battery information without going through the install process. If anyone knows different, let me know

As Cesare say, a great Windows workhorse. I only upgraded to the i9 recently because of Apple dropping Intel support, but I haven't really noticed much improvement in performance TBH. I probably wasted my money.

11. s1h1

s1h1 performing within expectations

System Information app. in the Utilities folder. Under Power

12. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Yes, but it means 'installing' the OS first - it's currently virgin without a user setup (i.e. country selection screen)

s1h1 likes this.
  13. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

Sold

Thanks all

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021