Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Apple 24" LED Monitor Model no. A1267

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Suffolk Tony, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Suffolk Tony

Suffolk Tony Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment.

My wife's inherited my iMac, so no longer needs this Apple monitor for her Macbbook. It's a 1920X1200 display, built-in iSight camera, mic. & speakers. Mini-Display, Magsafe power and USB on flying lead, three USB 2.0 ports on back. Ideal for use with an older Macbook/Mac Mini, or anything with a Mini-Display port.

It's in immaculate condition, complete with original packing, power lead etc.

£130.00p, plus P&P. It's remarkably heavy, and although it comes with the original packing I'd much rather it was collected or I can deliver (keeping a good 2 metres away, mask etc.) within a reasonable distance from Stowmarket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Hi Tony,

Do you know whether it can be used with a PC via an adaptor? If so I will take it but would need delivery to St Albans.

Regards

Rod

3. shrink

shrink pfm Member

its just display port (mini DP) so you'd just need an adapter to go from mini DP to whatever your PC is using, hopefully DP.

If Rod doesn't decide to take this, give me a shout. I'd be interested.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  4. Suffolk Tony

Hi Rod, as shrink's mentioned, you'd need an adaptor. There's a USB plug on the flying lead, but I can't work out what that's for - don't think it's for a PC video output. St Albans isn't a million miles away - I could drive there & back, but you'd have to stump up a few quid for my petrol, and let me use your loo!

5. garyi

garyi leave blank

I cannot recall if that model had brightness controls on the device, if not its no good for PC.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  6. Suffolk Tony

You're right Gary, no controls on it.

7. Rodrat

Rodrat pfm Member

Given Garyi comment it is probably best to pass and let Shrink have a go. Thanks for the offer of driving down.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  8. Suffolk Tony

I've just tried using its usb input on my old PC laptop, & there's no picture. It really is only suitable for an Apple.

9. shrink

shrink pfm Member

ah i didn't think of the brightness controls. Although i think there are some 3rd party control apps out there for this. as for connections, the USB isn't whats needed, the mini displayport cable along with the USB are whats needed. However, as pointed out, probably only of most use to a mac user, which i no longer am! SO i'll pass on this one too.

good price for a nice high quality screen though.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  10. Suffolk Tony

Thanks Shrink. As SWMBO's at work, I can't ask her what the USB plug's for. I can only guess it's for sound communication.

11. shrink

shrink pfm Member

The USB plug is just pass through for the USB hub on the rear of the machine. The second cable is the mini DP, which should connect to any mini DP device (which i have). I'm reasearching how easy it would be to control the monitor.

Suffolk Tony likes this.
  12. shrink

shrink pfm Member

13. Elephantears

Elephantears Trunkated Aesthete

14. bernardhepworth

bernardhepworth pfm Member

Hi Tony

This will go very nicely with my Mac Mini. PM me if it's still for sale.

15. Suffolk Tony

Now SOLD. Thanks for the interest folks!

16. Nero

Nero Call me 'Goose'

Oh bellocks. I should look at Classifieds more often. If the buyer ends up hating it (as I am sure he will), let me know :)

17. Elephantears

I'm putting this back up for sale, so it's now available in SE London for the original price, plus a tenner for an extension lead I bought (this is about half the price I paid). It really needs the extension lead for flexibility.

Two things to note. On first powering up I noticed some yellowing on the screen, although far less than on my neighbours equivalent 24" Cinema Display. It's a known issue with these screens but comes in varying degrees. I managed to calibrate the colour settings so that I don't notice it.

I'm sad to have to pass it on because it's a great display and the sound quality is superb. The one thing that lets it down for me is the internal microphone, which could be better.

18. Elephantears

19. Seanm

Seanm pfm Member

Hello Andrew, couple of questions:

Does it require 2 USB ports in close proximity to one another? And does the MacBook need to remain open while the monitor's in use?

20. Elephantears

Hi Sean, no it is one USB and one mini-display port. I tried with my 2017 MacBook Air and it works with it closed.

I'd just been using it with my Mac mini and hadn't thought to use it with my Air, which does open the possibility of double screening. I think I'll still probably sell but just going to sleep on it. Perhaps give me a call in a day or two if you're interested.