Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Apeks 500 Mtr Dive Watch

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by atcman, May 22, 2022.

1. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Very Good condition fitted with Seiko Jubilee bracelet, Never seen water this is pretty much a Bomb proof watch pics up laterBoxed £100 Shipped Uk

2. atcman

atcman pfm Member

3. philiphifi

philiphifi pfm Member

can't even dive 2m!

4. atcman

atcman pfm Member

£95 shipped UK

5. H20GNA

H20GNA pfm Member

Recreation divers limited to 40 metres.

Gary

6. atcman

atcman pfm Member

200 meters might seem like a long way down, but a 200m watch shouldn't be taken on diving expeditions. You can, however, swim or snorkel with it. Water-resistant to 300m or 30 Bar/Atmospheres. You should be able to take this watch diving, although it is not certified to the standard of an ISO 6425 (diver's watch).11 Sept 2019

7. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Seems strange to me... why would a watch be rated (even certified?) to 200m pressure, but apparently you cannot use it! It should be rated to what you can use.

8. atcman

atcman pfm Member

If you went diving you should know this,anyhow if you want to dive perfect for the job or if you just want a watch that is waterproof for your needs perfect or a watch to pose in perfect it is a sales thread after all, recreational Driving the max speed limit is 70mph just to say

Water resistance classification
    Watches are classified by their degree of water resistance, which roughly translates to the following (1 meter ≈ 3.28 feet):[35]

Water resistance rating Suitability Remarks
    Water Resistant or 50 m Suitable for swimming, no snorkeling water related work, and fishing. NOT suitable for diving.
    Water Resistant 100 m Suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports. NOT suitable for diving.
    Water Resistant 200 m Suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports. Suitable for skin diving only. NOT suitable for scuba diving.
    Diver's 100 m Minimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) for scuba diving at depths NOT suitable for saturation diving. Diver's 100 m and 150 m watches are generally old(er) watches.
    Diver's 200 m or 300 m Suitable for scuba diving at depths NOT suitable for saturation diving. Typical ratings for contemporary diver's watches.
    Diver's 300+ m for mixed-gas diving Suitable for saturation diving (helium enriched environment). Watches designed for mixed-gas diving will have the DIVER’S WATCH xxx M FOR MIXED-GAS DIVING additional marking to point this out.
    Note: The depth specified on the watch dial or case represents the results of tests done in the lab, not in the ocean.[34]

Some watches are rated in bars instead of meters. Since 1 bar is approximately the pressure exerted by 10 m of water, a rating in bars may be multiplied by 10 to be approximately equal to that based on meters. Therefore, a 20 bar watch is equivalent to a 200-meter watch. Some watches are rated in atmospheres (atm), which are about 1% greater than bars. In the United Kingdom, scuba divers and others often use the word atmosphere interchangeably with bar (1 atm = 1.01325 bar, or 101,325 Pa).

9. garyi

garyi leave blank

Well this lot seem to think its just fine for diving

watch

10. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Perfect for Diving swimming showering or wearing as a nice watch i have always had a dive watch since early 70s as i like them and as a new Seiko is on its way to me this is for sale. it does have a Seiko Quartz movement

11. atcman

atcman pfm Member

12. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Now Sold

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  13. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Back up thanks to some Cretin on e rip off there are now a few scratches on the rear of this. the rest is fine so £65 Shipped UK

14. atcman

atcman pfm Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022