Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone work for D V L A ?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by AudioAl, Sep 21, 2021.

1. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

As above please ??????????

Tried phoning 100 times today " Im sorry " then cut of

Sent my licence and HGV medical to DVLA 16 August , Licence expired 15/9/21
    Still not had my new licence , Tried to hire a 7.5 Ton lorry " No Sir not without your licence " NO photocopys either

2. narabdela

narabdela who?

I don't think anybody works at the DVLA.

3. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Beat me to it - it's become completely dysfunctional.

narabdela likes this.
  4. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

5. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Yeah it's a bummer.I couldn't renew online because
    my passport was out of date.

6. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

Same here, so I did it at the post office. replacement arrived in 5 days, including a weekend, so 3 working days.

7. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

yes i do know someonne who works at dvla , but they are utterly useless most of the time . i have probably done about 60 reports for untaxed cars [ some several times ] with very little results in past year. almost nothing happens . i dont know why we bother to tax or mot our cars as no one bothers to check . many folks dont bother , only time is when you need insurance and many dont bother with that either .

8. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

From what I understand, around 2 million drivers are doing so without insurance. Appx 300,000 are convicted per annum. 1 in 6 chance of being caught, per annum as a broad brush approach?

hifinutt likes this.
  9. simon g

simon g Older, wiser but no longer retired

Have you seen this?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ving-licences-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic

You don't need an LGV licence for a 7.5 tonne truck. As a temp measure could you renew for just a car licence, use that to hire the truck, then amend to include LGV in due course? Above article seems to be suggesting something along those lines.

10. kendo

kendo Prussian bot

Contact your MP's office?

11. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

Damn.
    Tu as le cul bordé de nouilles.

suzywong likes this.
  12. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

I eat a fair bit of ramen, so that is entirely possible.

Dogberry likes this.
  13. AnilS

AnilS pfm Member

My son is still waiting for his V5 logbook.

Been 8 weeks

14. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

If you have a note of the licence number, and national insurance number, the hire company 'might' accept the details from the dvla check code page, I know hire companies do when on holiday abroad and you've forgotten your licence. It gives you a check code for the hire company to check your details, not sure if it'll help but worth a try.

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Might need to register here as an alternative method.

https://www.signin.service.gov.uk/start

Guinnless likes this.
  15. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

I phoned the hire company who phoned their insurance company and the answer was NO , Must have a in date licence with the class C entitlement that I have along with all the others

16. mikeyb

mikeyb pfm Member

Damn

17. Dogberry

Dogberry pfm Member

What about the paper counterpart licence, would that supplement do if you have it.

18. CHE

CHE pfm Member

I recently did a number plate change on an 7.5t lorry which required new V5, new plate and new plating certificate. I found the on-line forms for the latter two items very confusing but a call, yes call to DVLA resulted in a very pleasant lady talking me through it all with little delay when ringing. She explained that she was working from home and was partly why there was a delay. All paperwork delivered within the week.

At other times I just got cut off without entering a queue, so I suspect it's the day/time you call that's the problem.

CHE

19. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

Paper licence , Blimey you are going back some years :D

cctaylor likes this.
  20. AudioAl

AudioAl pfm Member

9am until 2pm when I gave up yet again