advertisement

Anyone Tried The FiiO E6 Headphone Amplifier?

Minstrel SE

These go to eleven
I thought I would try one for a bit of a low fi setup on a cheap android smartphone.

Its £20 and I thought it might give a bit more oomph when driving phones like the Senny PX100. The very small size is good and it can be attached to a clip or hang in line.

Its usb charged which Im not so sure about as I like the option of banging AAs or AAAs in when Im out and about. However that means it can be small and my phone also needs usb charging even though I have a portable AA charger for emergencies

I cant really justify something like the Slee Voyager for this application.

Just wondered if anyone had bothered with this FiiO e6 and how practical it is please?

I have an earlier model with AA/AAA battery, it's great. Sounds better than it has any right to. The only snag is that while it is plugged in, it's switched on. This means that unless you unplug the MP3 player when you have finished using it you have a flat battery.

I thought I would try one for a bit of a low fi setup on a cheap android smartphone.

Its £20 and I thought it might give a bit more oomph when driving phones like the Senny PX100. The very small size is good and it can be attached to a clip or just hang in line.

Its usb charged which Im not so sure about as I like the option of banging AAs or AAAs in when Im out and about. However that means it can be small and my phone also need usb charging even though I have a portable AA charger for emergencies

I cant really justify something like the Slee Voyager.

Just wondered if anyone had bothered with this FiiO e6 and how practical it is please?

Go for it, I've had the E5 & the E6, my E5's mini jack socket started playing up, so the 6 replaced it...

For; Great value, excellent battery life, easy to carry, gives that extra oomph for more serious headphones

Against; Easy to loose on planes...Bugger!!!, can get a little interference if next to the phone...occasionally, being metal the E5 was less susceptible to this.

I left mine on an easy jet flight to Madrid at XMAS...so I've replaced it with the E18, which is a big step up in quality, and cost...but lacks the convenience of the E6

Cheers guys. Yes I will be making a purchase very soon.

Its what I like about PFM. It rounds things up nicely and its a better forum than the wishy washy types you see elsewhere. A much better quality of contributors :)

advertisement

Back