advertisement

anyone tried an Audiosilente Thorens headshell?

1000RPM

pfm Member
Italian Thorens enthusiasts Audiosilente offer a replacement headshell for Thorens arms (in my case a TP13a). Has anyone tried one?

Can't speak to the headshell, but I've bought other parts for my Thorens from Simone. Excellent service and quick delivery (pre-Brexit!)

Likewise no experience with the headshell, but his TD-124 sintered bronze bushings and rubber suspension mushrooms are superb IMO. A big part in turning the corner with my TD-124 rebuild and getting it where I wanted.

thanks chaps - the AS stuff looks good and is clearly a labour of love. Brexit really seems to have stuffed exports to the UK though :(

Only VAT if above £135 ... I bought an arm lift for FR64s at £150 which is beautifully made and zero VAT

You misunderstand.
If under £135, you pay VAT in the sending country, if they will send it (because that entails the sender registering for UK VAT). If over, you pay VAT (plus duty and handling charges) on import but no VAT via the sender. There is also the chance that your pacakage gets missed by customs.

If it is a private purchase from abroad uder £135, in fact, of almost any value at all, you pay VAT (plus duty, plus handling charges) on import as there will be no exemption paperwork with it.

Alas @Vinny has eloquently expressed the nature of the problem. The AS website no longer deals direct with UK because of the aggro. eBay is an option, at a cost.

advertisement

Back