advertisement

Anyone seen a plane at all?

nitrous

pfm Member
Not only has a jet gone missing but there doesn't seem to be a thread on PFM so we can endlessly speculate what has gone wrong:D

Darmok, if that is true and someone knew a hole 16" can develop it really is a (preventable) tragedy, some of these commercial organisations should be ashamed.

I thought these planes transmitted a signal even from underwater. It would almost have to be catastophic failure, a bomb or pilot suicide. It does make you think of the Bermuda triangle effect.

No, the emergency beacons don't work under water, and there is a heck of a lot of water and land around there. Some wrecks aren't found until decades later.

two iranians buying sequential tickets to different european destinations on false passports one day before the flight. Yikes!
speculation of third passenger on forged passport...five other passengers checking in and then not boarding, bags removed apparently.
I'm going out on a limb and calling this one as terrorism. hope to be proven wrong.

Is it about yea big? Mostly white with some shiny bits, and a pointy thing and a couple of more roundy parts?

Sorry, haven't seen it.

What baffles me is that apparently it is possible to switch off the transponder (i.e. the thing that makes sure you are clearly visible on radar screens) on the plane itself - surely the only reason why you would want to do that on a commercial airliner is because you plan on doing something nasty?!

Seriously there was a programme on the Bermuda triangle which basically said that it is well nigh impossible to find an aeroplane that ditches in the sea as it sinks and leaves no trace...only saying

Hitting the water at speed is almost like hitting concrete. At anything other than a gentle angle, the aircraft will be smashed into tens of thousands of pieces, and the luggage of a few hundred passengers will be floating on the surface.

If they hit at a gentle angle, then sank, that'd suggest a controlled ditching. So why no comms? No mayday?

two iranians buying sequential tickets to different european destinations on false passports one day before the flight. Yikes!
speculation of third passenger on forged passport...five other passengers checking in and then not boarding, bags removed apparently.
I'm going out on a limb and calling this one as terrorism. hope to be proven wrong.

Tend to agree

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle rules seems to apply here
"When you've ruled out the impossible, all that remains, however improbable etc...."

But like you, would be much happier if this isn't the case.

The area the plane vanished is like the Southern part of the North Sea, it's small, shallow and very busy and debris like life rafts and jackets WILL be noticed. This makes it likely that the plane is somewhere else.

The passports happened because Thailand is the World centre of passport theft and forgery. Unfortunately countries don't share the stolen passport databases very well and all of these fancy security features in passports like the chips are country specific.

Transit countries like Malaysia have motive not to detect false passports as they get stuck holding the stateless. There are large numbers of Iranians, Syrians and Africans in SE Asia trying to get to Europe and they cause us a lot of trouble with drug smuggling, computer fraud and vice. These are the people that end up claiming asylum in Europe

I agree with David, however I suspect the plane has crashed on land somewhere - its the only logical conclusion.... If it hit water, wreckage should have washed up somewhere ashore by now...

advertisement

Back