advertisement

Anyone have experience with proac dt8?

Allaboutmusic

pfm Member
Hi

Due to home renovation i need to move my speakers to fire down the long side of my living room and so think i need some floorstanders.

I have an exposure 3010S2D which I really like, so potentially looking at the DT8s. What im most interested in is how well they fill a large room (6 x 4.5 x 3.2 with a bay window) and do they disperse the sound well? With my current speakers, neat momentum sx3i, you really need to be sitting in the sweet spot i find, so not ideal in my living room.

Thanks

Hello.

Quite a bit late, but i just listened to the ProAc DT8s today.

They have a very natural and relaxed presentation, which I did not find too bright at all.

The detail retrieval and resolution was excellent. It had decent heft in the base register but probably not enough for bass heads.

The sound could be more meaty, and it was ever so slightly thin for my liking say compared to Dynaudio’s house sound.

I’ll be listening around a bit more, hopefully, before coming to conclusions. But for me they outperformed the Linn Majik 140 and while the Focal Sopras were ridiculously impressive in spacing/soundstage/technical terms, I had to brace myself for the bright segments because they were like chalk in terms of making me wince in certain peaks.

For your use case the ProAc DT8s would suit the room you described very well.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have just replaced my ATC scm11 monitors on the end of a Naim Nait XS2 with DT8s and so far am very pleased although they are still running in. First impressions are that they are great at imaging, very even across the frequency range and have deeper base than my old ATCs. They are not as fast as the ATCs which being a sealed box design had very fast and tight base which went surprisingly low in my room with room gain.

The DT8s are certainly not in any way thin sounding to my ears and have a very full bodied and slightly warm sound. They are most certainly not bright to my old ears. Still experimenting with positioning and feel that they need to come into the room more to clarify the midrange as per PROAC's recommendation. I had a thread that was running for more details " speakers to replace ATC scm11s" for more info on my partnering kit.

My father in law has DT8s on the end of a Unititstar in a small room and is very pleased with them. Hope this helps.

Tony

advertisement

Back