advertisement

Anyone got any 'ND' sheet?

The Captain

~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, i post in desperation/ last place/ thing i can think of..

Would anyone have an lpc-sized piece of ND i could buy? ie neutral density, off a roll perhaps?

..or anything to protect my eyes a bit from an lpc screen blasting at me. yep screen set to 'low' but still bright & hurts, all the time.

thx, capt

hi Cesare, what means you, black & white film..? cannae get me noggin round it. bowers & wilkins?

ideally some film-lamp gel sheet, tv studio stuff, i could just clothes peg over screen.

Yes, B&W film. I'm maybe getting the wrong end of the stick but I thought you have some sort of bright display which can't be turned down - what are the dimensions of the display? If it falls under 6cm high than a strip of B&W medium format will do the trick.

Cesare

Haha, sorry, I thought it was one of those bright displays on a Squeezebox or something like that!

Cesare

if B&W film does the trick and you need large format, what about xray film?

that sort of idea, yes- but really surely there's some sort of 'smoky' screen thin everyday stuff- maybe a gauze.. maybe a pair of tights.. have to be off a fattie/ I'll ask my wife.

but then I spill my tea over my jacobs, & besides I cant see when Im jotting down summat= pita.

oh well- had thought this stuff was (lighting) snappers std gubbins. I'll email Arri Media/ lighting and grovel for an old piece.

hey thanks- 30s later and my screen's got shades on! perfect thanks alot. my cursor arrow now shines white as an abc newspresenter's teeth.

philip. much appreciated.

it seems to make everything a bit stickier, like a tad slower/ iplayer pic goes goofy, but useful if I can turn off & on.

Hi Captain

if you're having problems with that one there are others available, just google screen brightness software.

cheers philip

advertisement

Back