advertisement

Anyone got Abbey Road 50th anniversary vinyl.

Ordered the album which arrived today. The single LP 50th anniversary ( REMIX ) That word put fear in me so did some homework on this recording before buying. WOW ! The scale is huge, stereo imaging is the best I have heard. Vocals are in the room. Background instruments are more forward,, key organ tones have structure I have never heard before. Heard Let It Be is being given the same treatment.

I had the QRP version and sent it back, as did many others, the quality was awful. Can't speak for the mix as I didn't listen to it enough to make an opinion. I have a 70s copy which is decent enough and if I want to listen to the remix I'll do it via Tidal.

I have, it sounds great (the pressing), the demo's, etc., on the 'bonus' LPs are very interesting and worth having.

Always sounds wonderful this album. The recent-ish DiAgostini pressing was stupidly good seeing as it was a tenner in all good newsagents and WHSmiths.
If the 50th anniversary edition is an improvement on that or the 2009 Apple reissues it must be pretty special.

I think the remixes of Abbey Road and the White Album are very good and worth having. As per a previous comment avoid the US QRP pressing as it has (or did have) pressing issues.

advertisement

Back