advertisement

Anyone going to HiFi Show Live?

yes really wanted to go but cant now . paul from Ps audio there and others . it will be very good indeed this weekend

Forecast for rain over the W/E for Ascot is low @ 5% Shouldn't think that would stop me from going - it's an inside event :D

Forecast for rain over the W/E for Ascot is low @ 5% Shouldn't think that would stop me from going - it's an inside event :D

It might well be inside but the 200 mile round trip by road certainly isn't. Driving round the M25 when it's lashing down is very little fun!

It might well be inside but the 200 mile round trip by road certainly isn't. Driving round the M25 when it's lashing down is very little fun!
I do this most days, undercover of a dry roof top car. Seems to work well every time ;) Only worry is the exit strategy at the destination point. But then there is a handy umbrella under my front seat :D

OTOH M25 is one pain of a Motorway on most "normal" days let alone wet ones. Not much to worry tho' very high chance weekend will be fine.

What a shock that was too. On my way home listening to LBC talking about the Queen & family in general. Popped into the shops, came out & then the bad news. I have to say as a remark of respect then thought this may be cancelled :(

Mourning HM QE2 is right and proper.

That said, I put a lot of effort and expenditure into my preparations for this show. Hopefully it won't be delayed for too long.

Cancelling the show at this late stage is a ridiculous decision. I’m sure my friends and I are not the only people to have made non-refundable hotel bookings

The mail from HiFi news say that all the Royal Estates are closed, apparently the Ascot building is part of the Royal Estates and must close. It is going to be rescheduled.

I do this most days, undercover of a dry roof top car. Seems to work well every time ;) Only worry is the exit strategy at the destination point. But then there is a handy umbrella under my front seat :D

OTOH M25 is one pain of a Motorway on most "normal" days let alone wet ones. Not much to worry tho' very high chance weekend will be fine.
Precisely, I spent a year or more weekend commuting from Canterbury to Reading. One half circuit on Monday, one on Friday. The slightest rain and you could bank on a significant increase in journey time, and a full on extended period of heavy rain meant more than double.

Problem now irrelevant though it seems.

advertisement

Back