advertisement

Anyone feeling (Linn) Kinky?

Loz828

pfm Member
I have a genuine Linn Kinky tool which I bought recently to service my LP12 (used to align the armboard and arm collar) and makes that part of the LP12 setup an absolute no brainer.
Now that my LP12 sings as sweetly as a peach, I (hopefully) will not need my Kinky tool again for many years to come. Seeing as I have far too much "stuff" already I thought I would launch it into the big wide world and see what comes of it.

If you want to "borrow" it there are some rules -
1. I might or might not want it back some day.
2. You pay the shipping costs - that's all, I'm not selling it.
3. When you are done with it you must pass it onto someone else who wants to use it ASAP.
4. Every time it moves (both sent or received) you send me an email to the address which I will engrave on the tool.
5. Please write some notes or thoughts as you pass it on. It could be about your experience setting up your LP12 or absolutely anything else - complete freedom to say whatever you want, all previous notes should stay with the tool.

I have the exact dimensions now so can easily machine myself another one if mine goes astray, but this is something of a social experiment. I am hoping that as a community we can trust and share.

So......... first come - first served - PM me if ypu want it

Ooh, I'd like a go with that. I think I've got mine well sorted but it would be good to have a go with the official tool.

Stefan

Ooh, I'd like a go with that. I think I've got mine well sorted but it would be good to have a go with the official tool.

Stefan

The nice thing about the Kinky is that you can get your arm board perfectly parallel and centered and make the arm collar do the position adjustment - only works for Linn arms with a collar. Many years ago I got my LP12 back from a dealer and the arm board was fractionally out of parallel to the plinth - no performance problem but it always annoyed me.

PM me your email address and we can sort it out, shipping costs will dpend on where you are, and you understand the rules yes?

I have a genuine Linn Kinky tool which I bought recently to service my LP12 (used to align the armboard and arm collar) and makes that part of the LP12 setup an absolute no brainer.
Now that my LP12 sings as sweetly as a peach, I (hopefully) will not need my Kinky tool again for many years to come. Seeing as I have far too much "stuff" already I thought I would launch it into the big wide world and see what comes of it.

If you want to "borrow" it there are some rules -
1. I might or might not want it back some day.
2. You pay the shipping costs - that's all, I'm not selling it.
3. When you are done with it you must pass it onto someone else who wants to use it ASAP.
4. Every time it moves (both sent or received) you send me an email to the address which I will engrave on the tool.
5. Please write some notes or thoughts as you pass it on. It could be about your experience setting up your LP12 or absolutely anything else - complete freedom to say whatever you want, all previous notes should stay with the tool.

I have the exact dimensions now so can easily machine myself another one if mine goes astray, but this is something of a social experiment. I am hoping that as a community we can trust and share.

So......... first come - first served - PM me if ypu want it

Just saw this thread whilst searching for a Linn Kinky to check my armboard position.
I'm not sure whether your social experiment proceeded or not but it is very kind to make such an offer.
As I'm in Australia and I'm unsure as to what has happened to your initiative, is it possible to get the measurements of the device to get one made up here?

Just saw this thread whilst searching for a Linn Kinky to check my armboard position.
I'm not sure whether your social experiment proceeded or not but it is very kind to make such an offer.
As I'm in Australia and I'm unsure as to what has happened to your initiative, is it possible to get the measurements of the device to get one made up here?

Sorry only just saw your post,noone contacted me for ages about the initiative sold I sold mine - and then had to go buy it back off the guy I sold it to a couple of months ago when I got new sub, bearing and armboard. The Kinky is for Linn arms only Ittok/Ekos (dont know about other Linn arms). I dont know if getting one made would be cost effective, they are UKP57 from Cymbiosis and they ship worldwide. If you really want to get one made find a picture of one so you see what I am talking about for dimensions.

The cylinder part is aluminium -
50mm tall
24.58mm diameter (not sure if the 0.08 is just manufaturing tolerance or if important)
M5x0.8 threaded hole dead center

The bar part is square aluminium -
12.5mm x 12.5mm, 230mm long
Holes 2 holes drilled exaclty 211mm on center.
1st hole is countersunk at the angle of the screw you buy with clearance for M5 screw
2nd hole is to fit over spindle, mine measures 7.14mm (spindle measures 7.11mm

Screw to hold the 2 together -
M5x0.8 30mm long contersunk socket head machime screw.

advertisement

Back